 Off-Topic / Fun / 2322
Re: Anyone We Know??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:30:22 GMT

Know which?  The rat or the man?
I've known a few monster rats in my time.

-- Terry K --

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 01:40:45 GMT, "Rob Doucette"
<rob.doucette@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

from:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/od/story.html?s=v/nm/19990719/od/rat_1.
html

Monday July 19 8:27 AM ET

Police Shoot Monster Rat
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German police killed a dog-sized rat which attacked a
59-year-old man outside his home near Frankfurt, Bild newspaper reported
Monday.

The mass-selling tabloid quoted police as saying the half meter (20
inch)-long rat was as vicious as a fighting dog and as big as a dachshund.

It said the rodent's intended victim, identified only as Horst L., heard
something rustling in a bush and then a sharp hissing. He turned around and
saw the rat, ready to pounce at him.

``I was rigid with fear,'' said Horst. ``I just had time to grab a wooden
plank to fend it off.''

The rat sank its teeth into the plank and Horst ran inside his home to call
the police. Officers tried to grab the animal with thick gloves but it
attacked them so they shot it.