 General / 27351
Re: More Venom Anyone? ( Was Re: Give them a break (was:Hey, like, is anyone there? ))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 21:14:20 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes:
[...]  So they can blow the big money on Bionickle junk, but not on the
bulk orders program eh?  That's good business, eh?  Right.  [...]

I think that's a really important point!  Hard to say how much money the
Bioknuckles would make compared to bulk element sales if they'd actually
gotten that going by now, but it seems like TLC is taking the seductive
and risky marketing road that promises to makes the brand more famous
(or, hmm, maybe it will serve to tarnish it? -- time will tell) rather
than the conservative road that would definitely put money in the bank.
I guess TLC likes to learn the hard way.  Of course, no matter how well
or poorly Bioknuckles do, they'll probably insist on calling it a success
given how much marketing exposure it will have had by this time next year.

--Todd

p.s.  I actually think the Bionicle sets look kinda cool -- and I plan to
collect them all as I did with the Slizer and RoboRiders sets! (I'm a sucker
for colors and weird parts) -- but I totally agree TLC should have put its
money into something safer instead.