 Castle / 8200 (+100)
  Re: MOC question

(...) Is this it? (URL) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) The school SHOULD appear very castle like, since the school IS a castle in the books. Katie (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Hi, I'm just back from England (where there filming it). I saw in a mag that they are using a ruined church and surrounding castle for most of it. But if you like Castle (as I do) Hagrid's house is the set to get (if they make it). The mock up (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: MOC question

(...) BK> (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Something that I'm looking forward to, mainly because it was one of the most striking scenes I remember from the trailer, are CANDLES! The amazingly huge amount of candles they had in the scene were very impressive. I'm hoping TLC comes up (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

who knows maybe the constraint of the book will actually give us what we've all wanted for ages.. either that or it'll be some featureless playsets but lego would never release a featureless playset would they :) "Matt Brooks" <mbrooks@sonic.net> (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001)

  Harry Potter?

I haven't read any of these cultishly popular books, so I'm in no position to judge or make other comment, but what do Potter fans make of this: (URL) extremely odd coincidence, at any rate! Dave! (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC question

I think it was a dream - it was very much like Brian's wizard's tower Only there were two towers on the castle - one was floating like Brian's and the other shorter one was on a corner of the castle. Hmmmm... I guess I need to build it. :-) I (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I wouldn't call #1 best-sellers as cultish - fadish, perhaps. The web site of the author of Larry Potter is extremely self-serving to say the least (www.realmuggles.com), but she may have a trademark (not copyright) case. The lawyers will have (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I barely remember seeing this title once or twice. To what, more precisely, are you alluding to, Bruce? Just curious... -- Hop-Frog (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) My money is on Larry Potter staring Timmy. (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I didn't mean it as insultingly as it probably came across. Think of it merely as an outsider's perception of an endlessly popular phenomenon. It's not a cult, obviously; I mean, it's not Pokemon, for pity's sake! 8^) (...) I know that none of (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) Richard writes: (...) Ah, I see -- the Lord of the Rings, right? Since I haven't read either series I would be interested in the kinds of similarities that appear to exist in both works. Just for extra fun, in what ways does the Lord of the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) The author NK Stouffer's website - www.realmuggles.com - has a list of infringement examples which includes such uncanny shared attributes as... mythical place - perhaps those old Greek guys should sue too? muggle families - what, they (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) O' Mighty Tolkien! Who can stand in thy counsels? Sword of Shanara? I don't recall that referenc in the Great Books, but I could be wrong. (...) Entirely culturally revelvant. (...) Creativity is one thing...Harry vs. Larry Potter is quite (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) well lotr doesn't have that much to do with euro mythology in my eyes, it has dwarves and goblins, and giant animals but thats it mainly oh and dragons, to me it is just a fun story and i hope for the movie to be great! (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) the creatures are indeed goblins in HP the run a bank (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) ***snip of characteristics entirely generic to the fantasy genre*** Yeah, those are some far-fetched claims, to be sure. But at issue, according to the ABC article, is the undeniably similar proper names in the two series rather than broad "I (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter (um, very loosely)

For those of you too busy with little bits of plastic to read books, check out this url: (URL) Return of The King is a particular favourite. (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) JK Rowling is the highest-earning woman in the UK, with projected earnings of something *mad* like £170m (US$250m-ish) over the next three years from films, toy licencing, some weird fizzy pop tie-in and, um, oh yes - 'book sales'. She can (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) Maybe US$10m, but if her whole empire is based on a stolen premise (again, I'm not saying that it is), her whole empire belongs to the person she stole it from, even if she doesn't "remember" stealing it! Dave! (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) I have high hopes for a really big castle set and a Hogwarts Express train. Other than that I am not sure what they can do. At least Star Wars had lots of space ships. I can't think of what else they can do. Ron's car? The accessories may be (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Plagarism in Fantasy Novels? (was Re: Harry Potter?)

(...) I'd say the genre predates Tolkien and co. (see, e.g., _The Worm Ouroboros_ by E.R. Eddison). Tolkien is the archetype for much later s&s fantasy--notice blatent use of orcs (you can barely argue a medieval precedent), his spelling of dwarfs, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Hmmmm....... I can think of tons of sets they can do, especially in the books after the first one. But I wouldn't want to give any secrets away for those that haven't read all four books. Maybe after the first initial launch of the sets, they (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I rather enjoyed the Harry Potter books, but then I'm a Tolkien cultist. :-) (...) Trademark infringement would most likely get her a piece of the action. (...) Borrowing or being inspired by, and out-and-out character-for-character and (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) LEGO's license is for the movie. If something's not in the movie, it's not going to be in the LEGO sets. If they leave Norbert out of the movie? No LEGO Norbert. The only way LEGO will be doing something from the other books is if for some (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Exactly my point. I was talking about the future possibilities beyond the sets for release this November. Katie (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Well, in that case, I hope they do lots of buildings from, eh, crud. The wizard town near Hogwart's. I can only imagine they'd be really good fodder for making medieval/small European town buildings. eric (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shanara (or the Sword of Sha-na-na, for those of us who like to sneer at it), illustrated by the Brothers Hildebrandt (at the height of their Tolkien-illustrating fame). It is a character-for-character, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I've only read a little of his stuff (at a friend's urging), and after ninety years of reading I was still in the first chapter. Not, for me, the most engaging prose style. Regretably (or not), I can't really assess his plagiarism, but I (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) Robert Asprin before Pratchett, and De Camp/Pratt (oooooo, Pratchett, what a rip-off) before Asprin. (...) Yes, but Dick doesn't relate to Castles. :-) Bruce (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) Au, contraire! "Man in the High Castle" won him the Hugo in the early 60's (though admittedly it was a different kind of castle...) Dave! (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) As an aside Norbert is definitely a key figure in the movie. At the Toy fair some companies did display their Norbert toys. How Lego might create Norbert depends a bit on which stage of his growth they choose to depict. Jonathan L (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

lol I suppose this will be happening a lot until the movie comes out-- someone mentions in passing something about the Hogwart's Express, that subject is quickly dropped and a long thread about HP continues on in .trains. People, please keep on (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

Is it “9 sets” in total for the initial run, or are the “9 sets” slated to be spread out over the course of each movie? I'm assuming that all “9 sets” are for the *first* Harry Potter movie, But doesn’t this seem to be a bit excessive to you (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.town)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) There's an even worse "copy" of Lord of the Rings - The Iron Tower trilogy by Dennis L. McKiernan. It was explained to me once that this resulted from McKiernan having written a sequel to Lord of the Rings, and having it rejected as such, but (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I've had the pleasure of reading most of Dennis L. Mckiernan's entire line of books. And I find his writing to be dynamic, enthralling and among the best in the genre! He sites J.R.R. Tolken; among others, in his foreword as being "fine (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  New Torso design in action.

I just spent all of 5-10 minutes putting a mini-story together to introduce a new character in my kingdom (Adler Kingdom) made with one of Kyle's torso designs. I thought you guys might want to have a peak though. (URL) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I haven't read De Camp or Pratt, but I've read half a dozen books by Aspirin, and I'm not sure a meaningful lineage can be cited. One might also bring up the egotist (excuse me, of course I mean "writer") Piers Anthony as an equal source of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) You know, this claim has been made a thousand times... Why? Does it sell books? Can it ever be trusted? Why is this the first time I've ever heard of this author? What does it mean to surpass Tolkien in 'intensity'? Tolkien is not an author (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

Hiya all.... I just put a new MOC on Brickshelf for everyone to have a look at.... it's just a sneak peak at the update I'm doing for the Kingdom... (URL) ) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Let the teasing begin!

(...) all (...) by myth and fables. But hidden by the walls of the mirrored mist, a great secret lies hidden. One that will shake the very foundations of all that Ikrosians hold sacred. (URL) inside the magical tower of Olyian, a sleeping spirit (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) There were very serious talks about his work becoming an official extension of Tolkien's work (anything is better than Christopher Tolkien out-Bilboing his father with meandering editing). So, yes, McKiernan's work was originally intended as a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) But the Iron Tower trilogy which was written to give the base series for the later books to rest on had incredible correlation with Lord of the Rings. It seemed like every major scene had a parallel in Lord of the Rings. FUT: (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z- WARNING: Letting the cat out of the bag

(...) And as long as we are letting the cat out of the bag (contents of the other books), I hope they also make additional castle sets for the other 2 competing Wizard Schools to Hogwarts. Katie (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z- WARNING: Letting the cat out of the bag

(...) I doubt they would do that, as there were no scenes that actually happen at the two other schools. By the way, the village is called Hogsmeade and the two other schools are Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, for those who care but have faulty (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) A great deal of the alternate reality in LOTR/Tolkien books is based upon his understanding of Norse Mythology. He admitted publicly long ago that it was a prime influence for him, his initial interest was in drawing out mythical maps (from (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) I don't recall Norbert being in the first book. Am I wrong? Aaron (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) I think it is Diagon Alley, see my hopefuls list somewhere near the begining of this thread. Aaron (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) He's there, he just doesn't do much. eric (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z- WARNING: Letting the cat out of the bag

(...) First Year's aren't allowed at Hogsmeade, but I'll settle for the shops where they get their school supplies, Diagon Alley. Gringots!! Aaron (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

I remember seeing a news story where a japanese company was suing Disney for plagiarism over "The Lion King." Their character was named Kimba while the Disney version was named Simba. The stories were virtually the same. However, I'll bet Disney's (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) There is a difference between these two occurences. The Harry Potter lawsuit is over the fact that both books use the term "muggles" though to mean different things. Also there is a character in suer's book named Larry Potter but he in no (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) So, in other words, they both ripped off Hamlet. eric (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) I rather take it that Anime company failed. Simba is simply Swahili for "lion". And if they mean Kimba the White Lion, the stories weren't similiar at all, beyond being animated lions. Anytime something makes a lot of money, people come out of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) Not sure about this--here's a snippet culled from the ABC News site (excerpted here for purposes of review and discussion and intending no challenge to the copyright status of that fine site!) "Both books have characters known as Muggles. They (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

Wow... wow... wow... wow... wow (one "wow" for each building). Kev, those are great. I love the variety - no two buildings are alike, yet they all go together. My favorite has to be the building on the far left (looks like a tavern or inn). Great (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) But might not the name similarity be sufficient? "Skywalker Records" was forcibly renamed after George Lucas' legal action. If I write a fantasy novel about a guy named Biblo Gabbins, wouldn't Tolkien's estate at the very least send me a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

(...) Beautiful Kevin! Are those full buildings with interiors or just faux fronts? Also what's the story with the picture behind them? Thanks for the sneak peak!! Christopher Pisciotti Loch Forest, CA (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

I'm glad you like my new MOC..... it's not going to be part of any story line... it is just a section for links, tips and techniques, customs, etc And yes each shoppe has a full interior..... there is no back on them.... Dont want to give away too (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

(...) Very nicely done. I like that the buildings are squished right up against each other. I'm looking forward to the updates. Bruce (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z- WARNING: Letting the cat out of the bag

(...) So they can save Hogsmeade for the second book/movie (and the 3rd). What about Knockturne Lane (sp?) Steve (who finally gets the pun in Diagon Alley. I knew it had to be there, I just didn't get it) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Yeah, but visually, he would really dominate any scene he's in. Steve (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

(...) Wow...that's ..that's great ! I like the tavern , and the barn..and the...ow , I like it all ! I can't believe your'e not gonna include that in any storyline or anything Kev cause that is really good stuff. (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) Kimba the White Lion (Jungle Taitei) was created by the undisputed "God of Manga," Osamu Tezuka. He single-handedly changed the course of the Manga industry when he released a comic book in 1947 that was novel length and had the first (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

Kevin, Beautiful work. I too have been working on some medieval town buildings that are pressed right up against each other. Yours have come out really well. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve... -Andy Lynch (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Hmmm... I get your drift (no spoilers!). I think I might just re-read to see what pops out at me. Thanks! Aaron (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

Greetings all... Every town needs a good Inn, and I think I have made a good start on one with this construction. I offer for your approval the Inn of the Waiting Wolf. Travellers from all over the realm look forward to sheltering under its roof, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build) !

  Re: The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

Very nice! I really like the way you used the 1x4 tiles in the timbering. Stunning. And the flag mount is nifty too. Plus, nice brick usage on the roof; first non-ground use I've seen for them big green bricks. And those funny round bricks you used (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

Like it a lot. reminds me of the 70's town sets (which is no bad thing) look forward to seeing the rest. "Andy Lynch" <andy@andyandjackie.com> wrote in message news:GAMso4.4DD@lugnet.com... (...) one (...) all (...) with (...) you (...) buildings (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

Looks fantasitc. one day I too will build like Kev. James www.minifig.co.uk "Andy Lynch" <andy@andyandjackie.com> wrote in message news:GAMMIu.E7v@lugnet.com... (...) well. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Silver breastplate question

Hopefully, one of you out there has the set in question (Knights' Kingdom, set #4817). My query is: what is the torso of the figure underneath the silver breastplate? Judging by the legs, I'm guessing it's the chainmail with a red necklace effect as (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Silver breastplate question

(...) Hi, Yes it is the red necklace/chainmail man. God Bless, Nan (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

(...) Kevin, Outstanding work, sir! Well done! (Now I understand why you'd asked about spare 1x1 black bricks. <G>) I can imagine a nice, long (and cramped) city street with buildings like that on both sides that these are just small part of... (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

Looks really good. A couple of suggestions: Try taking your photos at more of a straight on view. The downward angle gives me a feeling that I am looking down at bricks, rather than looking straight at a wonderful inn. Maybe you could add some more (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

(...) of the Guarded Inn and it works well here, too. The use of the large plates for the roof is cool. Creative roofwork with the green 'sculpted' bricks on the other building, too. Take more pics when you get the interior done! :) Joel J (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Let the teasing begin!

(...) Wicked looking tower Anthony. It turned out GREAT! I Remember talking about it with you a few weeks(months?) back. I like how the subsidiary towers turned out around it. I also really like the throne you built for the (I assume) lich in side. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  ???Where did the HORSES go???

-Set number #5394 (Horses & Saddles) ***Discontinued***?- I ordered 15 sets of #5394 along with a few other sets a week ago from Lego Shop at Home, and on the invoice it said: “The following items have been canceled 15 #5394 Horses & Saddles” “The (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

Maybe you can't get horses as conveniently, but TLG still makes them. If you're a club member, you can buy <set:6013 Samauri Swordsman> for $2.00 US from S@H. Cheap black horse and blue saddle, plus a mini-fig and armour. Good buy if you like (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: which is better 6066 or 6077

I have both sets, and I think that as far as looks are concerned, from the front 6077 looks better, but overall 6066 does, and for playability, 6066 wins hands down. When I was a kid, 6066 was a favourite of mine - i used to love the way the whole (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> I don't care about the horses---Lego always has a high proportion of cavalry anyway. But what about the SADDLE? Wasn't 5394 the only set to come with a green saddle? Doesn't this mean that now green saddles are going to be (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

wow. I hadn't seen the foal before. they are cool "TWS Garrison" <tgarriso@math.purdue.edu> wrote in message news:GAo987.Ixq@lugnet.com... (...) US (...) Good (...) longer (...) cavalry (...) a (...) about (...) the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

(...) No. I have a green saddle from <set:6718 Rain Dance Ridge>. Looking at the pics in the guide, it was also in <set:6748 Boulder Cliff Canyon>, and in <set:6766 Rapid River Village>. Maybe some others too. I consider yellow saddles to be the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

(...) 6748 Boulder Cliff Canyon came with a green saddle. Maggie C. (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

(...) the (...) Ah. They're not absurdly rare; they're just in sets I probably wouldn't get. . . (...) I remember looking for my <set:6080 King's Castle> off and on for *years*, primarily because it had a yellow saddle (it had been lost when my (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

(...) Gotta disagree here...I say black and white one clip-ers. The only two sets I know of are the King's Castle <set:6080> (both saddles) and Jousting Knights <set:6021> (white saddle). I have only one black saddle. (...) There was one in the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

Thanks Chris, I'm pretty sure that I saw the 1x4 tiles used before as timbering, but I can't remember where. Gotta love those 1 x 1 headlight bricks.. :-) -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Xcalabur" <Xcalabur@rocketmail.com> (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

Thanks Bryan, I'll try your suggestion next time I take some pictures of MOCs. They say that the devil is in the details, and boy are they right... Details can really add to the presentation of a model. I am still trying to get better at the little (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

Thanks Joel, I guess the Guarded Inn *was* a contributing factor in this structure, but I didn't really realize it while I was building it. The red and black color scheme from the Guarded Inn works, and believe me, I tried several colors together to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

(...) Sorry, I didn't even know saddles ever existed in black and white! I'm a bit too young to have any one-clip saddles. (...) I can't see it in the picture. (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

(...) them (...) than (...) Dark grey swords aren't new. My oldest Castle sets are from 1990, and they came with dark grey swords. Silver goes back ot 1995. (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

(...) I think he means the quality of the swords has gone down. Prior to Knight's Kingdom release, swords were always made of the same hard ABS plastic as other parts, now they are made of softer stuff and the color is a slightly different shade of (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

(...) It paid off. :) (...) Well, sometimes the best creations are made that way. Looks like this is another example. :) Joel J (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Broken shields wanted

Hello, I am looking for broken shields; ones with the handles snapped off. It doesn't matter what kind of shield it is, I want 'em all. I'm sure just about everyone has one or two broken shields; rather than throw them away, allow me to give them a (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

(...) Kev...: ) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  I need some help........

Hi everyone, i was wondering if some of you good creators of castle figure moc's could help me, I am working on a castle website and now i am stuck. I got some of my castle moc's on my site, but i need to make some custom figure moc's. I wanted to (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I need some help........

(...) Might I suggest.... Pawel Nazarewicz' page: (URL) Dori's page: (URL) Raska's page: (URL) my own (URL) to name a few --Anthony (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I need some help........

(...) Yo Rex, Check out Castle World for some cool creations and minifigures: (URL) by Nathan McD) -- Pawel (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Question regarding old castle site

I have been out of touch for awhile with night school and I am curious what happened to a castle/build site that was available two years ago. I am keenly interested in joining Castle World when I get time to build and I have visited every site I (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I need some help........

(...) Check out (URL) have over 60 personal moc characters, 12 beasties several castles and buildings. It may also give you some ideas for your web page. Also, if you are interested, I can add you to my map and roll in your personal characters and (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact