 Castle / 8284
Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:30:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.castle, Thomas Garrison writes:
I don't care about the horses---Lego always has a high proportion of cavalry
anyway.  But what about the SADDLE?  Wasn't 5394 the only set to come with a
green saddle?  Doesn't this mean that now green saddles are going to be about
as common as black swords? (Actually, less common, since 5394 was never on • the
shelves. . .)  I was considering buying the set just for that saddle.  Oh,
well. . .

TWS Garrison

No.  I have a green saddle from Rain Dance Ridge.  Looking at the
pics in the guide, it was also in Boulder Cliff Canyon, and in
Rapid River Village.  Maybe some others too.

Ah.  They're not absurdly rare; they're just in sets I probably wouldn't get. .
.

I consider yellow saddles to be the rarest.  I don't have any of them, and I
think their last appearance was in 1993 (with Dragon Wagon).

I remember looking for my King's Castle off and on for *years*,
primarily because it had a yellow saddle (it had been lost when my family moved
house in c.1984).  Finally found it last year. . .

I have never seen or heard of black swords.  What set do they come in?

Armour Shop.  Regular swords, but for some reason TLG only made them
in black for one set.  Nice looking and \begin{mandatory rant} much better than
those hideous new dark gray swords in Knight's Kingdom \end{mandatory rant}.

TWS Garrison