 Castle / 8321
Re: Black Sword (was Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 02:30:15 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frederick Grondy writes:
I may be considered insane by most of you, and I want an Armor Shop, but I
could really care less if I get a black sword or not. I would much rather
get that Crusaders' flag that comes in the set. I admit it would be neat to
have a black sword, but I have no idea what I'd do with it(i.e. which of my
MOCs is evil enough to wield the evil BLACK sword).
What is especially maddening, to me at least, is that the Armor shop is one
of the last three sets I need (along with Blacksmith Shop and the Dark
Forest Fortress) to be "major castle complete". Add that to the fact that
about a year ago (when the Guarded Inn was still bringing $200+ on Ebay) the
Armor Shop was bringing only about $15; now it's double that and I hope some
of you can feel my frustration.

That's my 2 cents,

Fritz
(whose Crusaders are very sad they have no banner to charge into battle under)

I have in my collection just over 86 black swords* and IMO they aren't so
great. It was unique when I purchased the first, but once you've got as many
as I do (each of my 80 undead skeletons wields a black sword and a black
cape!) they no longer appear as dark mystical weapons.

    Sincerely,

                 --==Richard==--

You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com

-Lego good, Canada great-®

* I meant to say that I have 4 black swords from the original set, and 82
are simply painted black. But, once painted, you can’t tell the difference
between the two!    ;)