 Castle / 8327
Re: Black Sword (was Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:15:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.castle, Frederick Grondy writes:
I may be considered insane by most of you, and I want an Armor Shop, but I
could really care less if I get a black sword or not. I would much rather
get that Crusaders' flag that comes in the set. I admit it would be neat to
have a black sword, but I have no idea what I'd do with it(i.e. which of my
MOCs is evil enough to wield the evil BLACK sword).
What is especially maddening, to me at least, is that the Armor shop is one
of the last three sets I need (along with Blacksmith Shop and the Dark
Forest Fortress) to be "major castle complete". Add that to the fact that
about a year ago (when the Guarded Inn was still bringing $200+ on Ebay) the
Armor Shop was bringing only about $15; now it's double that and I hope some
of you can feel my frustration.

That's my 2 cents,

Fritz
(whose Crusaders are very sad they have no banner to charge into battle under)

I think $30 is a good price for a 15-year old Castle set.  It's only
$0.30/piece, and you'll probably enjoy it more than the Bulls Attack set that
you might be able ot get for the same price in a store.

Is that a 100% yellow torso on the blacksmith?

Doh, on the mislabling of the swords.  I am the proud owner of one each of
the Black smith and armor shops which I bought with my allowence when I was
in grade school.  unfortunatlly my crusader flag has faded and one of the
clips broke, but I didn't lose the black sword.  I unfortunatlly painted the
blue and red goblets, gold.  (anyone know if those colors are unique?)  yes
the black smith has a 100% yellow torso,  brown cape backwards and black
hand, legs and peasant hat/hood.  the black smith shop also had a pitchfork
which is appearantly rather rare too.

John