 Castle / 8257
Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:48:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

[Stouffer's] web site is extremely self-serving.  Perhaps she
has a case, perhaps she doesn't.  But based on what I saw, I'm hardly
convinced.  More must come out, and the only case she seems to have is
trademark.  She notes a half dozen name similiarites, but virtually nothing
in the way of plot similiarities.

  But might not the name similarity be sufficient?  "Skywalker Records" was
forcibly renamed after George Lucas' legal action.  If I write a fantasy
novel about a guy named Biblo Gabbins, wouldn't Tolkien's estate at the very
least send me a polite letter?

     Dave!

FUT debate