 Castle / 8251
8250  |  8252
Subject:
Disney actually did this with "Lion King"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:49:18 GMT

I remember seeing a news story where a japanese company was suing Disney for
plagiarism over "The Lion King."  Their character was named Kimba while the
Disney version was named Simba.  The stories were virtually the same.
However, I'll bet Disney's stable of lawyers quashed any further publicity
rather swiftly since that was the only time I heard about it.

I really don't care what with this Larry/Harry situation.  I read the first
two or three Potter books and found them somewhat amusing, but I just as
quickly forgot them.  To quote the comedian Steven Wright, "To steal from
one person is plagiarism, to steal from many is research."

Dave

Dave Schuler <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message
I haven't read any of these cultishly popular books, so I'm in no position
to judge or make other comment, but what do Potter fans make of this:

http://more.abcnews.go.com/sections/gma/goodmorningamerica/gma010320_potter_
suit.html

An extremely odd coincidence, at any rate!

     Dave!