 Castle / 8268
Re: The Inn of the Waiting Wolf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 05:42:03 GMT

Very nice!  I really like the way you used the 1x4 tiles in the timbering.
Stunning.  And the flag mount is nifty too.  Plus, nice brick usage on the
roof; first non-ground use I've seen for them big green bricks.  And those
funny round bricks you used for that other house...cool.

Can't wait to see the interior!

-Chris

In lugnet.castle, Andy Lynch writes:
Greetings all...
  Every town needs a good Inn, and I think I have made a good start on one
with this construction.

I offer for your approval the Inn of the Waiting Wolf.  Travellers from all
over the realm look forward to sheltering under its roof, passing the time
in the tavern on the first floor, and tipping back some goblets of ale with
the other patrons.

http://www.andyandjackie.com/lego/inn/wolfinn.htm

I have placed the inn on a street with two other smaller residences, as you
might see near the center of a crowded medieval town.  The smaller buildings
are both facades and will remain so, as they are only there for scenery.

Unfortunately, the Inn is also a facade at the moment, however I have the
upper floor and the rear of the building planned out and I hope to finish
them in the next week or two.  At which time I will take pictures of the
interior and modify the page to reflect them also.

My inspiration for this construction is of course all of the amazing wattle
and daub and half timbered buildings that I have seen made out of Lego by
many of you!

Please let me know what you think.

-Andy Lynch
http://www.andyandjackie.com/lego/