 Castle / 5600 (+100)
  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - more pictures!

Ok, as promised, I've got more pictures. I'm not sure whether I'll continue this project or abandon it. Read the older posts if you want to find out more background. The pictures are at: (URL) on the pictures (sorry about the mess in the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - more pictures!

(...) By all means continue, looks cool so far. I particurly like the picture where there is more "narrative" at work -- as where the boat is coming out from underneath the bridge. Once you develop some characters, I'm sure it will be a great (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - more pictures!

(...) see the battlements rise just like in the old days! Just a question: Are you going to mottle up that light grey cliff-face so it's not so uniform, using a few dkgrey bricks, a handful of green bricks, and a few plant bits? It might get the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - more pictures!

(...) Of course there's the minor detail that sailboats can't make it under the bridge... 6057 is a _little_ shorter than the ship from 6277, but only by a brick or two. (...) If you look at my postings over in lugnet.off-topic.debate, you'll (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - more pictures!

(...) Yea, I'm very pleased with the river and bridge. In fact, even if I abandon the huge sea cave idea, I'll still keep the bridge. I would have liked to make the bridge narrower, but for the 6038 cart to be able to cross it, the roadway needed to (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: More outpourings from my little brain

(...) spinning wheel is by far my favorite. Like Bram's photocopier, it captures the "feel" of a spinning wheel, in a minifig-scale package. I am impressed. :-, (...) Go, little brain, go! :-, Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: More outpourings from my little brain

(...) So, you say that Bram's photocopier gives you a good impression of a spinning wheel? I always got a good impression of a photocopier from it... Greg "Gotta love that muddy brown mush!" Majewski (URL) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: More outpourings from my little brain

(...) Huh. I always got a grainy, black & white impression from Bram's photocopier. But I'm using last year's model... ;-) To clarify: the spinning wheel Heather just published is a work of art, just like Bram's photocopier is a work of art. Both (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: More outpourings from my little brain

(...) spinning (...) Wow, thanks very much. And to be compared with Bram... oof. Gotta get busy and live up to that one. In the meantime, you might like some of the fixtures in (URL) my virtual house. I want to make some nice interiors for my (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

Ok, I decided to take a break from massive earth moving, and work up some characters, here they have all posed for the artist (who is sitting on a flying carpet off the cliff face...): (URL) left to right, top row: Karl Gundersson, commander of the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: OK, this one's for Shiri...it's SURVEY TIME!!!

Okay..I guess I have to get in on this after putting it off for a few weeks now.. I mailed Craig a while back inquiring about CW (a few months) and haven't done any Castle building but I've started working on figs. A few Next few months... really... (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

Missing is Vulf's eldest son, Lars. No doubt he has left Castles and joined Pirates. Bruce (there's a joke hiding in there somewhere) (...) characters, here they have all posed for the artist (who (...) Chandruth's accomplishments are the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) Reeeeeeeally? <grin> Please clarify, I haven't been following .pirates *that* carefully; Frank-ly, (1) I haven't been following much of lugnet carefully at all... I barely even noticed I won CLSOTW... (2) ... just barely keeping up on .castle. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) Oh, I don't know, I think it is quite possible that I will run out of bricks on this creation. I'm already almost out of red 2x4 bricks, and I have a lot more support superstructure to go (which will likely eat up all the blue and yellow (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) The Sea Wolf, by Jack London. The central character being a ship captain named Wolf Larson. If Vulf has a son named Lar, he'd be Lars Vulfson. I TOLD you the joke was hiding (and perhaps should have stayed hidden). :-) Bruce (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) Chandruth's accomplishments are the firecasters the Pack's (...) Hehehehehe, All I can think of is: "Derrrr vas Karl Gunderson and Vulf Gunderson and Dirk Gunderson and Helga Gunderson and Jorek Gunderson and Kyla Gunderson, and Gunder (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: More outpourings from my little brain

(...) Wow. Wow. Very nice. I'm envious. That stove is very slick. You can decorate our house any time! :-, Question: What's that large brown thing on the second spice rack? (If it was in our house, it'd be Barbara's cat. :-) Barbara and I have tried (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: More outpourings from my little brain

(...) Thanks. The stove leaks heat like crazy though :-) The dishwasher is my personal favorite. (...) It's a replica of a wooden statue of a zebra that sits primly, hooves folded in its lap, on our spice shelf to watch all that goes on in our (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  My Site Updated

Well, I've done it, my website is updated. No, sorry, no new things have been added, but things have been made more purdy. The character pages have been made more clean, and my castle page now was thumbnails. So now all you castle heads who have no (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

Ok, more pictures here: (URL) Vulfsdottir, Jorek Gundersson, Karl Gundersson, Rolf (the standard bearer) (URL) Gundersson, Helga, Dirk Vulfson (URL) Firemaster, a pair of wolfmen. Please go ahead and add me to Castle World. I'm not sure if Vulf is (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  CORRECTIONS: Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

Frank Filz wrote in message ... (...) Pack's (...) Helga's full name is Helga Kendriksdottir. (...) ^^^^^^^^ Oops - that should be Vulf (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) or not yet, but please add a link to clan Vulf. (...) Sure thing, Frank! Just lemme know when you decide on a sigfig. -Chris (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Who is updating CW right now?

Castle Dwellers Just a quick question (that probably should have been posted in LUGNET CW area). Who is the current custodian of CW? I would like to join and send pictures of my sig-fig to whomever is doing this. Thanks. Andy (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Who is updating CW right now?

(...) That would be me. Just send your sigfig, description, anything else you want to castle_world@hotmail.com and I'll handle it. Thanks, -Chris (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Who is updating CW right now?

(...) That info's actually on the castle world temp site: (URL) states that you should send mail to castle_world@hotmail.com with your real-life name, and any creations you wish to submit (attached images are accpeted). For right now, the site is (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Harry Potter Figures

Does anyone have any thoughts of what the harry potter figures look like. I have some ideas, but am pretty clueless about making a Voldamort from the first book. Mabey they'll actually print on both sides of a head. NICK #:^O (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Figures

(...) first (...) Purple cloaks and BROOMSTICKS! Finally, I have a use for all of those things! Wands, cauldrons, Beleville Frogs, Cats, Owls (white!), wizard hats in many colors, a turban(!) brooms, Beleville Books, Beleville Trunks, an Ogre, a (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Site Updated

Well, its me again, being pathetic and replying to my own post, but I have some good news. Not only is my site updated with a purdier set up, but hey, I've added new material! Sigh, no new characters yet, but the villians have now been described in (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Figures

(...) The sets won't be really based on the books, per se, unless the movies stick to the books (I wouldn't know, haven't read them). The official press release says that the toys will be "based on the first two Harry Potter movies". Click here to (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Figures

(...) <SNIP> Nick- What you posted here is what a lot of people call a "spoiler"- it could potentially spoil part of the story for people who haven't read the first Harry Potter book. With the announcement of the Harry Potter Lego sets and the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Site Updated

(...) some (...) Anthony, I enjoyed the longer villain descriptions. The way you have thought out each part of Ethelred's army is terrific. -L (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Figures

(...) What do you think of the possibility the Harry Potter line might replace Castle the same way that Star Wars has replaced Space? I don't really know enough about the Harry Potter books/movies to tell if that would be a problem, but I'd much (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Figures

(...) It shouldn't replace it. While Hogwart's is described as a "castle", and the students carry wands and are wizards, it's definitely set in a modern period. eric (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Figures

(...) problem, (...) Really? That's good to know. I have no knowledge of the books, but many of the Harry Potter wish lists seemed Castle-like. I'll have to start reading the series to see what we can look forward to. -L (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Figures

(...) release (...) Any (...) That's what I was thinking too, if they keep making all these licensed lines of toys, what's going to happen to the normal themes? I was hoping the Harry Potter line wouldn't replace the "normal" Castle line. It was (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Figures

(...) Hmm "definitely modern" sounds it it might replace town! :^P Castle type in Castle and Town? YESSS! motherload! :^) I would not like to think that Harry Potter stuff would replace Castle, but we will not know until it happens (or not) or until (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Figures

(...) long (...) the (...) backside-- (...) release (...) Any (...) Good for parts, bad for selection of medieval accessories. If Potter replaces Castle entirely (better not) then you can kiss Knight's Helms, Swords, Spears, Lances, Battle Axes, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  sheesh

Boy! I leave, and you fellas don't even give me anything to catch up on.... gosh. <grin> Sorry, just hadta post, I'm still alive, even if other people, well... <sigh>... never mind. So... where was I... oh, yeah. Do you miss me? I know I miss ya'll. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: sheesh

Hi Shiri. I'll leave something for you. Classic Space! Classic Space! Classic Space! Classic Space! Now it's up to you to decide whether to XFUT to .space or .fun MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! :^D Hope you're having a good trip. ~Mark (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: sheesh

(...) Now, who are you again? Are you new to Lugnet? :-) It really has been slow here at .castle. My Valkayria Castle is currently on display at our state fair, but that ends tomorrow, so I can start on the story this week. That could maybe stir (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?

Hi all, I don't know if the discussion took place yet, but i was wondering if anyone knows if there will be more castle produced in the next year, and if so, what would it be ? My bulls men need a place to hide ! :) Thanks, Lex (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?

(...) Hmmmm good question... well an idea came to me a while ago looking at all the messages and replies refering to harry potter stuff. depending on when the harry potter movies are advertized castle theme may go the way of the space theme....... (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  SPENT WAY TOO MUCH ON LEGO

I'm 17 and my lego collection has doubled or tripled in the last 10 months. I now have somewhere between 400 and 500 minfigs (the bulk are castle). I previously may have come to the realization that there are better things for me to do than search (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: sheesh

(...) hmmm yeah it's kinda strange without you posting often and yes i miss you and believe many others do to. Relax. Have a good time. NTFH, Wes (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?

hmm well, then the question that comes to mind is, who is harry potter ? when looking to what star wars did to the space theme, i'd like that done with castle as well, only then have it replaced by robin hood ! (obviously bringing back the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?

Actually, the reason Star Wars has replaced Space isn't because of Lego, it's because of Lucasfilm Ltd. They insisted that Lego refrain from making any futuristic spaceship-oriented theme while they make Star Wars sets. Bummer, eh? At least the SW (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001? what ya think ?

(...) I see that there is a few different possibilities that are most likely, in my opinion. I mean these possibilities may seem logical or off the wall. Of course I haven't even read a harry potter book -:) So what do you think of these SEPERATE (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001? what ya think ?

(...) I see that there is a few different possibilities that are most likely, in my opinion. I mean these possibilities may seem logical or off the wall. Of course I haven't even read a harry potter book -:) So what do you think of these SEPERATE (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?

(...) You know Lego is real funny about themes, you think a theme is gone and then it pops right back up again. What I mean is with Space, I always thought that it would die out eventually, but I realized that Star Wars may or may not be a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?

(...) Harry Potter probably will take the place of regular castle, like the Fright Knights did. (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Where are the Neimoidians?... (SW:EpI villains)

The recent threads about ethnic minifigs got me to thinking... When is LegoCo gonna make some Neimoidians? (These are the green-/dark grey-skinned fishy-/lizard-people evil, yet cowardly merchant-villains in "Star Wars: Episode I".) From a SW purist (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Harry Potter (Film) Set

Not sure is this is old news, but I have just heard that Harry Potter The Movie is to use Gloster Cathedral as the Main Set. It looks like we may get a castle set? Scott A GC the site: (URL) at Pic: (URL) Cathedral The city's focal point is still (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

"Scott A" <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote in message news:Fyyxv5.7nJ@lugnet.com... (...) I grew up in Gloucester (15 years there) so I know the Cathedral well.If Lego make something half as splendid as that, it will be brilliant. It's pretty likely that (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) <SNIP> Interesting, but I suspect that the movie version of Hogwarts School for Wizards will be heavy on the CG images. The Cathedral will likely be used for MOSTLY interior shots, Hogwarts is supposed to have four towers (one for each dorm (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Err... This isn't really a spoiler, as it has very little to do with the plot, so: Hogwart's has multiple towers, but not all of them are House dorms, and not all the House Dorms are in towers. In book 2 we find that Slytherin's Dorms are in (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Actually, the old news that I has heard (from www.aintitcool.com) was that the C of E turned down the request because they weren't happy with the idea of one of their cathedrals being turned into a wizard's school. eric (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) for (...) all (...) in (...) Did I not say that I would be posting no spoilers? I thought that I read that the first view was with four prominent towers, if I was wrong, fine, I just need to re-read it. Thank you for your corrections and (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

(...) I have to admit that this entry surprises me. Several times over the last few months (as recently as July 24th), you've posted messages indicating you want to buy or trade for the 6090 castle. Now you have it and want to sell it? While (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Ack! I just wanted to reassure other that what I was going to say wasn't a spoiler. I'm very sensitive to spoiler information of all stripes. In fact, I would advise anyone within the sound of this post to avoid the second half of the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

I got books 1-4 in hardback by joining a book club - 6 books for $1-2 (plus shipping of about $10), and I have to buy 4 books over the next 2 years - of which I figure 2 will be Potter books 5 and 6. It should work out to less than paperback cost by (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

(...) I'm a little confused about this post also. James contacted me a couple of months ago when I advertised my 6090 for sale. He seemed interested for a while until he decided that my price with shipping was close to what he could pay for a new (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?

(...) Explain to me how Fright Knights don't fit in with other castle sets. <<KM>> Zoobomafoo! Wha-haa! (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Sniff! I got books #1 and #2 through the Doubleday Science Fiction book club here in Canada, and had ordered #3. I got a letter back saying that the publisher wouldn't let them publish anymore (including #2), so that I couldn't get #3 that (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

(...) I sincerely doubt that anyone could find a 6090 in any store anywhere in Australia, especially not in Melbourne which is where I believe he lives. He may have meant that he could buy the lastest castle set for that price? Of course, it is (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

(...) I got the word that it has now been resolved satisfactorily. But it seems strange that something he was after, now ends up on his trade list. Bit like the train station transaction. (...) pete.w (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

Todd, Is there a lugnet.harrypotter in our future? I think (pure speculation) that the movie will be primarily CG - think about Hagrid - he just wouldn't be done 'right' with the old styles of filming tricks... Gene (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) I've heard Robby Coltrane is supposed to be cast as Hagrid, but I hope they'll use a bit of CGI trickery (as in the Merlin, Arabian Nights, and other tv series and the hobbits in LOTR). - Sean (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

Hello, To all those who have replied, I got a 6090 MISB from the internet at $150USD at YAHOO! Auctions, I have recently been looking at it and I don't seem to want it, obviously I wouldn't be able to get one in Melbourne! About the train station (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

Andreas, So uyou're the one who got everyone the thing that I got it from my local shop! I bought it on the internet for $150USD on YAHOO! I am annoyed how everyone has now abused me for this. Regards, James (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

James, Given you're only 12, making such comments as "come to my house...ask my mum" are excusable. But please understand that the people that you are dealing with are adults (most probably) and deal with issues in a mature way. LUGNET is a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?

I agree! TLC has to stay modern and try new sub-themes to draw in other would be customers. They have seriously hurt a portion of their customer base with the juniorization of many of the lines. True hardcore Lego lovers like to BUILD their own (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castles Scenarios - Advice needed.-

Hi, I was trying to write a peice on how to make castle and surrounding setllments seem more real. I hit one the (by now not so new) idea of scenarios. However I need some advice on how to create scenarios effectivly and what needs to be considered? (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

Is this set only sold in Europe? It would be nice to have a cheaper set to beef up the Bull's army available in the U.S.. (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001? what ya think ?

(...) Comments below then. (...) Sounds good to me! Any new styles for peasants are welcome :^) (...) Unlikely, TLC has only so many moulding machine to manufacture sets, so when something new arrives something old goes away. (...) Some people (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) No, it's also available in Australia. I believe it is called "Fire Attack". (...) I don't think it is available in the US but as I'm not from there I can't say for sure :) Maybe you'll get it later this year or early next as a theme "top-up"? (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) It's a pretty poor set though -- IMHO <set:4806 4806 Axe Cart> is much better value for parts, weapons etc. --Dave (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

Hi Lindsay... Hi Santosh... Lego is not going to do this for us. We must do it ourselves. But it's fun to speculate (or is that to design?) (...) If somehow Lego were to go and do Roman for a castle theme, we would probably get a make-believe (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) I would agree with you in general on this statement. But, it depends on what you are looking for. I wanted a unit of swordsmen. 4806 is hands down a better set then 4807, but it doesn't provide a sword. I see on Ebay, all the time, the larger (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

Well I'll say this much: i'm not a sharp historian, in fact my history of Rome only goes so far as reading the Penguin History of the world. But Everytime i see any thing roman related, and then when i see lego minifigs, Roman soldiers immediately (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) For the moment, unless you can trade or find some for sale elsewhere, I suppose 4807 is the easiest place to get them -- if you can find a supply of 4807 (Canada maybe, or trades with someone OS?). Another possibility would be to track down (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

Erik Olson wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Britain as a whole you could say was unconquered, but large parts of England (especially the southeast) were very solidly Roman for several hundred years - longer than the US has existed, so a non-trivial period (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

(...) Hey! Instead of doing regional-related sets, they could continue with the movie / book tie - ins! The _Ben Hur_ chariot races... ... _Gladiator_ gladiatorial scenes and triumphal marches ... ... _Horatio at the Bridge_ collectors' edition set (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) Although he's not a bull, I bought a lot of 4801 (Defense Archer) for the dude in the hat. Gave them halberds from Axe Cart and the thousands of axe traps in Ninja - made a large unit of pikemen which looks pretty good. (URL) the set comes (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) For the record, I haven't seen 4807 in Canada. We're supplied from the U.S. directly, now, so I expect our line will no longer be distinct from what the folks south of us get. Jeff Elliott (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

Hehehehehe.... I like the dude with the fish. Is he doing the fish slapping dance? ~M (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) "Welcome aboard, Britisher pig. Quite a little surprise, ja? But perhaps you would be so kind as to tell us all you know about certain allied shipping routes, ja? Come on... talk!" No... actually it's the dreaded Sgt. Kipper. I can't even (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle World.

Hi, I have been following the regional news and the rail news but just noticed Castle ( which is my first love in Lego). I have been enjoying some of the creations on various websites and noticed the Castle World info. I read it all and was (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

The thing that strikes me as odd about 4807 is that it is the only Knights' Kingdom set with the spoked cart wheels, all the others (that have wheels at all) have the big chunky "barbarians making do with what they can hack out of the woods" type. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World.

(...) There is no better Lego series, where else can you get such an incredible case of megalomaniacalism so quickly? (...) Rules? I've only been a Castle Worlder for such a small amount of time, so what I know is limited, but I don't remember all (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Body Armor

I know of three types of body armor: Classic Castle, Pirates chrome breastplate, and the samurai armor from the Ninja/Castle subtheme. Any others that can be pressed into service? A reasonable price to pay for them (please no "whatever its worth to (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Body Armor

(...) I know that I wouldn't pay more than $2 for the samurai armor, since you can buy the shogun and his horse for that much. As for the other two, I have no clue. I'll tell you this much, I wouldn't sell my castle armor for less than $20. I, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Body Armor

There's also a very cool quasi-armor piece from the UFO space line, kind of like football pads, but wicked looking. I found these after buying a UFO clearance set from Zany Brainy for the big saucer sections (making a rotunda). After some careful (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Body Armor

(...) Well, there was also the CLASSIC Classic castle "body armor" piece that came with some of the earliest sets, like yellow castle as seen here: (URL) piece is less like a breastplate and more like a tabard, though. Tony (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Body Armor

(...) others (...) This piece also came in construction sets, too: (URL) used to pretend it was a magic golden breastplate. eric (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Body Armor

(...) others (...) Yeah, it doesn't really "read" as armor. I can see why they improved it. Thanks for the note (an excuse to go look at Lego <g>). Bruce (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Body Armor

(...) After looking through the UFO stuff, the only cheap little set I could find this in was 2847. Anyone know if this is still available lurking on some forgotten shelf? Any other sets that contain it? Bruce (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Body Armor

(...) Last I checked, my local Toys R Us had a few boxes of set #6837 -Anthony (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Body Armor

(...) 2965 has one. But I also found 5384 UFO accessories which has two (gray and black). Oh wow! Perfect! That is until I called Lego Shop-at-Home and they confirmed that they are sold out. :-( Bruce (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Tiny Pack (Re: Tiny Fleet)

(...) Can't say much on the pirate issue, but I feel you...look at the Wolfpack. A tower and wagon...oh boy! The WP was one of my favorite subthemes as a kid...still is. I just wish there woulda been more of em... -Chris FUT .castle (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tiny Pack (Re: Tiny Fleet)

(...) Don't forget that little cave with the ghost! NICK L^;# (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact