 Castle / 5680
Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:59:53 GMT

Erik Olson wrote:
<snip>
visit Britain (which remained unconquered always,
really).
<snip>

Britain as a whole you could say was unconquered, but large parts of
England (especially the southeast) were very solidly Roman for several
hundred years - longer than the US has existed, so a non-trivial period
:-). The Romanised parts of Britain supplied auxiliary troops to the
Empire, and even an Emperor. There are ruins of Romano-British
structures all over the place.

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
Open Air Market: Limited edition kit