 Castle / 5642
5641  |  5643
Subject:
SPENT WAY TOO MUCH ON LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 13:51:36 GMT

I'm 17 and my lego collection has doubled or tripled in the last 10 months. I
now have somewhere between 400 and 500 minfigs (the bulk are castle). I
previously may have come to the realization that there are better things for
me to do than search for that desired set or part in the castle theme. I mean
the only things i don't have are : black plumes from 6073 or 6060 or
603something (knights guardshack), brown plastic cape from 6040, crusaders
flag from 6041, 675/6075, 6077, 6083,flag from 6067, goblet from 6067,and red
barded walls from 6067. I mean i can build any set from 1984 to 2000. soo I
gotta find a way to go cold turkey. spend more time with the band (as soon as
our drummer gets back from flying gliders for 6 weeks) or building a website.
so as to use up the time i used to spend searching for the right auction or
sale ad.  take time to build build a computer or write more songs. it's time
to build and rebuild with what i believe i am lucky to have and save the dough
for the newer lego only. that way i wouldn't spend so much time looking as
building. maybe i'll sacrifice one regular plume of each size from my common
red plumes and try to paint em'. i'd like my black collarred forestman to have
a black plume for a forestmen hat instead of the hood he's currently wearing.
I have all the colors of swords, all the colors of axes, all shields from 1984
to 2000 and all the plumes except black... I'm done collecting the old
stuff... welll ... maybe not..... sure could use a few more crusaders .....
but if i continue perhaps my models will be more quantity than quality.

NTFH,
wes