 Castle / 5648
Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 04:56:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mark Sandlin writes:
Actually, the reason Star Wars has replaced Space isn't because of Lego,
it's because of Lucasfilm Ltd. They insisted that Lego refrain from making
any futuristic spaceship-oriented theme while they make Star Wars sets.

Bummer, eh? At least the SW sets come with good parts.

~Mark
You know Lego is real funny about themes, you think a theme is gone and then it
pops right back up again. What I mean is with Space, I always thought that it
would die out eventually, but I realized that Star Wars may or may not be a
replacement, perhaps Lego considers Star Wars to be Space or something like
that. You notice that Star Wars came right in 1999. My point is that it came
right after Insectoids, in the 1998 line. Insectoids is a space theme right?,
so Star Wars takes place in Space too right? Even though the labeling has
changed, I still think there is a possibility that Space will live on. The same
with Castle- I mean Knight's Kingdom told us that Castle didn't ever die out.
In other words, everyone thought Fright Knights was going to be the last Castle
theme. We thought we were right in 1998 when no Castle theme showed up. Later
it was discovered that Ninja was actually a Castle theme also! 1999 came
around; The Red Ninja Subtheme was born!!! My point being that things may not
be what they appear to be. The only theme I can think of that died out is
Pirates. Time Cruisers and Time Twisters is what you should be thinking died
out too, but those were Town subthemes. When a theme gets old, TLC (TLG) tries
to find a whole new infrastructure on the theme, but sometimes there is no
other idea to turn too, like unfortunately, The Pirates theme. Don't look down
on themes that you love, they could be born as something else, eventually.
If anyone would like to add-on, I'd appreciate it.