 Castle / 5670
Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 18:19:32 GMT

I agree!  TLC has to stay modern and try new sub-themes to draw in other would
be customers.  They have seriously hurt a portion of their customer base with
the juniorization of many of the lines.  True hardcore Lego lovers like to
BUILD their own creations and that is very hard to do with all the pre-fabbed
pieces that come with most new sets.

Brings me to my second point!  Star Wars sets brought back true piece building
techniques.  Outside of a few pre-fabbed pieces, they introduced several new
colors and existing pieces in those colors.  I think this is a big part of SW
sets success.  It is a cool line and there are tons of SW fanatics out there,
but lets get real, we have GOOD pieces to build with again.

Here is another thing to ponder: number of figures with a set.  In the day of
the original yellow castle, we had 14 mini-figs!  Lot at Leo's castle, 7.
What's the deal!?!  I pay $90 for 7 guys and a stupid piece of cloth that is
70% of the back wall of the castle.  There's good security in that castle.
Study all the castle sets and see that we are getting ripped off in a sense.
The 6090 came with 12 figures (1 being a ghost and skeleton).  6097 also only
had 7 figures.  They all cost nearly the same amount.  I can never figure out
this either.  6096 comes with 4 siege engines and 1 horse.  But we only have 2
guys to staff the 4 engines, 1 rides the horse (captain, and captains never
dirty their hands ;) ) and 1 prisoner.  Plus, they don't sell and single
Bull's guys like they do the good guy with the crossbows, cheaply.

Ah well, back to the point.  I hope we see good things come out of the Harry
Potter line.  It will be interesting to see what they really make.  Will it be
more like the new Belville castle line?  Aha, you say.  No one has even
mentioned that as a possibility.  Point is, no one knows, yet.