 Castle / 5647
Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001? what ya think ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 04:05:40 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mark Sandlin writes:
Actually, the reason Star Wars has replaced Space isn't because of Lego,
it's because of Lucasfilm Ltd. They insisted that Lego refrain from making
any futuristic spaceship-oriented theme while they make Star Wars sets.

Bummer, eh? At least the SW sets come with good parts.

~Mark

I see that there is a few different possibilities that are most likely, in my
opinion. I mean these possibilities may seem logical or off the wall. Of
course I haven't even read a harry potter book   -:)

So what do you think of these SEPERATE ideas?
0- It's obvious that we can expect some really new nice minifigs!

1- Harry Potter line will be a new theme and not eliminate any other
(unlike SW) (like time cruisers, adventures or arctic) --i believe arctic will
very soon be going the way of time cruisers--

2- HP line will put the castle theme on hiatus(though people have mentioned
that the books may be more modern time based than the castle theme?) --ninja
put castle on hiatus for a while-- lego has a lot of themes nowadays many have
been cancelled (pirates, space -maybe it'll come back when they run out of SW
ideas-, time cruisers,town related subthemes.  --- I HOPE CASTLE NEVER GOES
THE WAY OF THE PIRATES ---

3- HP line will compliment the castle theme nicely with no emphasis on
soldiers -I mean, I do not know if there are even soldiers in the books.
(perhaps like bringing back he ideas of lego wizards -and magical items-,
peasants and creatures)

4- fill in the blank i can't think of anything..

NTFH,
Wes