 Castle / 5634
Re: Harry Potter Figures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 22:18:21 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leah Cardaci writes:
In lugnet.castle, Nathan McDowell writes:

The sets won't be really based on the books, per se, unless the movies stick
to the books (I wouldn't know, haven't read them).  The official press • release
says that the toys will be "based on the first two Harry Potter movies".
Click here to see the official release-
http://www.lego.com/info/pressspecific.asp?PressReleaseId=111&Year=2000 . • Any
excuse to have more fantasy type elements is good news to me, though. =)

~Nathan

What do you think of the possibility the Harry Potter line might replace
Castle the same way that Star Wars has replaced Space? I don't really know
enough about the Harry Potter books/movies to tell if that would be a problem,
but I'd much rather have two lines of sets with castle/fantasy elements than
one.

That's what I was thinking too, if they keep making all these licensed lines
of toys, what's going to happen to the normal themes?  I was hoping the Harry
Potter line wouldn't replace the "normal" Castle line.  It was missing in
action for 2 years with the Ninja sub-theme around (Don't get me wrong, I like
the Ninja stuff, but I hated seeing the European theme on hiatus*).  I'd hate
to see it take a hike again.  Like Eric said, it shouldn't be a problem
though. =)

Just imagine having Castle, Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Belville to get
parts from! :-)

-L

Heck ya!  Great selection! =)

~Nathan
*- I was just coming out of my Dark Ages when the Ninja sets were in their
prime, I wanted the old Euro style, dag-blast-it! =)