 Castle / 5628
Re: Harry Potter Figures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 05:00:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.castle, Nick Cameron writes:
Does anyone have any thoughts of what the harry potter figures look like. I
have some ideas, but am pretty clueless about making a Voldamort from the • first
book. Mabey they'll actually print on both sides of a head.

NICK #:^O

Purple cloaks and BROOMSTICKS!  Finally, I have a use for all of those
things!  Wands, cauldrons, Beleville Frogs, Cats, Owls (white!), wizard hats
in many colors, a turban(!) brooms, Beleville Books, Beleville Trunks, an
Ogre, a three-headed dog (Cerebus?), Unicorns, a Dragon, Centaurs (!) and
adult and smaller sized child mini-figures.  That's the short list.  The long
list includes all the Beleville Food items and many colors such as the
Beleville Fairy Tale line (can you tell that I think that stuff has
potetial?).  Figures should revolve around the main kids in the book with the
teachers secondary, monsters thirdly.  I suspect a Quiditch field, Hogwart's
Castle, and a few adventure and accessory sets are in the works.  Hopefully
they will be connectable and expandable without too many Potters!

The Voldemort figure was only the back of a head for an already existing
character (perhaps a trap-door kind of thing on the back of his hat or
something similar to the Pirate head-cloth that hangs lower on the backside--
just turn it around).

Bye!
Aaron :o)

The sets won't be really based on the books, per se, unless the movies stick
to the books (I wouldn't know, haven't read them).  The official press release
says that the toys will be "based on the first two Harry Potter movies".
Click here to see the official release-
http://www.lego.com/info/pressspecific.asp?PressReleaseId=111&Year=2000 .  Any
excuse to have more fantasy type elements is good news to me, though. =)

~Nathan