Re: LDraw.org Bylaws - new proposed clauses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 05:32:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Tim Courtney wrote:

[Section 6.02: Eligibility for LEGO Company Employees]¬

What about MegaBloks, or any other company that may have an interest? Why
pointing the finger on TLC only?

I don't think we could list which companies to watch out for, and which not to,
and be comprehensive. That's why there's a general removal clause in 6.04 to
enable the members to remove a SteerCo member in cases of documented, serious
allegations.

I'd be interested in hearing your suggested solutions for expanding these
proposed clauses to be more general though.

Why not have a more general clause about conflict of interest?

Its possible, and I think we should hear it out. Please make some suggestions
for changes to the clauses ... I'll think on wording also.

After giving some thought to this - I can't think of alternate wording that
would really do the issue justice, and not end up unnecessarily lengthy and
awkward. If we start looking for CoI under every rock, I think that's taking it
too far.

My proposed clauses address this community's concern towards TLC as the prime
potential stakeholder in a sufficient manner. They also provide a mechanism to
remove Steering Committee officers caught acting against the interest of the
community. I think that's enough -- anything more would be too much.

Just as discussion has died down on this issue, I think its resolved to the
large majority of the community's satisfaction.

Not sensing any disagreement here - so if no one's spoken up by the end of the
weekend, I'm going to add these clauses to the drafts and call for ratification.

-Tim