Subject:
LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 08:36:37 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi Everybody -
In the ongoing effort to formalize LDraw.org into a democratic organization, I’d like to present draft documents for the organization Bylaws and Policies and Procedures. Please see my two follow-up posts; FTX versions of both documents.

The ad-hoc organizing committee held focused offline discussions with a few volunteers and community members [1]. These draft documents are the result of the general consensus of these discussions.

If you share a concern for the future of LDraw.org, please take the time to read through these documents and share your feedback. When giving feedback, please be sure to present alternative draft text for sections you would like to modify. Please DO NOT simply say “I don’t like that, take it out.” Help keep things moving forward by offering constructive alternatives, not destructive or unproductive rhetoric.

Once discussion of these drafts (and their subsequent versions) has died down, and once general consensus among the public is achieved, the documents will undergo a similar ratification process as the LSC Proposal did in mid-2003. Once the documents are ratified, they will govern LDraw.org, and individuals will be elected to office per the provisions in them.

Tim Courtney
On behalf of the LDraw.org Ad-Hoc Organizing Committee

[1] I’d like to thank Dan and Jennifer Boger, Kevin Clague, Michael Lachmann, Orion Pobursky, and Paul Gyugyi for sitting in on these discussions with the ad-hoc group. Your input towards the development of the draft bylaws has been invaluable.