Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 05:31:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:

I think Larry's wording made sense, but maybe people are getting tripped up on
reading it in the sentence structure. What if we reworked it to read:

"No professional employee of The LEGO? Company or any affiliated or subsidiary
company shall be eligible to be a Steering Committee Officer. A 'professional
employee' is defined as; a full-time, career employee, involved firsthand in
strategy decisions within the Company. Part-time, student, or non-career intern
employees shall be eligible to be Steering Committee Officers."

That reads better to me.

Also, should we add in a mechanism for determining eligibility (ie. the current
StC votes if there are questions about a candidate being eligibile)? Or, is the
above wording clear enough that we don't need that?

Well maybe we need such a mechanism anyway, in case other unknown conflicts or
questions arise in future?

ROSCO