Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:17:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger wrote:

  "No professional employee of The LEGO? Company or any
   affiliated or subsidiary company shall be eligible to
   be a Steering Committee Officer."

Is the ambiguity in the word "professional"?  Ok, so if
we say "No employee of TLC..." does that correct the
problem?

itlug.org (italian lego® users group) has solved this
problem in a (you might call it radical) simple way.
people who pay their bills with money they got from the
company can't get a ruling position, ‘cos any kind of
employees can't even be members: we or them.

That (both the itlug and Dan's solutions) is definitely a
nice and easy solution.

The problem here is that Tim would like to keep his job at
LEGO and have a go at being on the LDraw.org steering
committee.

Since I don't know what Tim's position at LEGO is, I can't
say if I find that a problem or not.

I'm a sales associate at a Brand Retail store, part-time.

But if the general view in Europe is that LEGO staff
shouldn't be allowed to be members of the LUG's, then I can
see that we have a problem to solve.  Do you think it would
be acceptable if LEGO staff was allowed as non-voting
members?

I don't see a conflict with my current job description. Like Larry, I say let it
be a campaign issue. That seems to me the simplest solution.

-Tim