Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 08:24:26 GMT

Dan Boger wrote:
Tim Courtney wrote:

I think before we take the step of creating a poll, we
should allow this discussion here to flesh itself out
and see if we come to a consensus.

I think the views are so different that it is unlikely that
we can reach a consensus.  There may be a majority for
either of the two opinions, but I doubt it will be possible
general agreement about what is the right solution.

That process has worked well before. No one except you
has explicitly disagreed to omitting the clause Larry
suggested - so I think its good to ask outright - does
anyone else disagree? Does anyone care to offer another
solution?

I think the point isn't if someone can influence TLC
policy, but if they can influence LDraw's policy.

Uhm.  Right.  I hadn't quite had that thought before.

In my opinion, if you get a paycheck from LEGO, you might
have a conflict of interest.

Definitely.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Bregnerod Transit Authority - Moving mini-figs:
                               http://jacob.sparre.dk/BTA/