Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:14:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:

Please feed back on this, and once it is worked out I will word it into the
bylaws and repost. Or -- I would very much appreciate it if someone else would
take it upon themselves to suggest wording (but not necessary, of course) :-)

We seem to be making something convoluted in this area no matter what we do...

Here's a radical idea... drop the clause completely. If someone stands for
election that has a conflict of interest that would hinder their carrying out
their duties, let that be a campaign issue. Let the bylaws say nothing at all
about it.

I put that idea out there to see what people think. I think if people see it as
a workable alternative, it does seem to solve the problem though.

ILTCO chose to have such a clause limiting eligibility, which is where this
clause came from in the first place, but maybe ILTCO shouldn't have had it.