Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Draft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:02:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:

As a follow-up to my previous post, introducing the Bylaws and Policies and
Procedures documents, here is the draft of the proposed LDraw.org Bylaws.

The text generally looks good, but ...

Article 6: Steering Committee Members
-------------------------------------

[...]

No full-time, professional employee of The LEGO® Company or any affiliated or
subsidiary company shall be eligible to be a Steering Committee Officer.
Part-time and/or student/intern employees of The LEGO Company (or its
affiliates and subsidiaries) shall be eligible to hold office on the Steering
Committee.

This distinguishing between part-time and full-time employees seems very
artificial to me in this context.  I think that all the organisations that I
have been employed by here in Europe has had both part-time and full-time
employees, but with the only difference being their working hours (and probably
also their salary) - definitely not their knowledge about the internal workings
of the organisation or their dedication to it.

Therefore I find the formulation quoted above unreasonable.

It does make sense to me to distinguish between people who are working on
strategies in TLG, but I don't know how to identify them - except by asking.
People in this category may not neccessarily be employed by TLG any affiliated
or subsidiary company, but it is probably the best text we can come up with.

   No professional employee of The LEGO® Company or any affiliated or
   subsidiary company shall be eligible to be a Steering Committee Officer.

Play well,

Jacob

PS: Thanks to Tim for handling the editing of the document.
--
Houses by Katrine, Caroline and Jacob:
                        http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/By/Huse/