Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:09:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Thomas Garrison wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Tim Courtney wrote:

"No professional employee of The LEGO? Company or any affiliated or subsidiary
company shall be eligible to be a Steering Committee Officer. A 'professional
employee' is defined as; a full-time, career employee, involved firsthand in
strategy decisions within the Company. Part-time, student, or non-career intern
employees shall be eligible to be Steering Committee Officers."

I think the last sentence should be omitted as fluff.  For example, the
foreman of the molding plant in Billund is clearly eligible under the
definition of "professional employee", as is a LEGOLAND Master Builder and
the lower-level (or all?) positions in Futura---because none of those are
involved directly in "strategy" decisions at TLC.  Listing three very
specific positions not excluded, among the multitude of such positions
within TLC, detracts from rather than adds to clarity.

If we write in a mechanism for determining the eligibility of candidates I agree
(see my response to Ross).

-Tim