Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:17:23 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

We seem to be making something convoluted in this area no
matter what we do...

Yes.

Here's a radical idea... drop the clause completely. If
someone stands for election that has a conflict of
interest that would hinder their carrying out their
duties, let that be a campaign issue. Let the bylaws say
nothing at all about it.

I wouldn't call it radical (I thought about it too).  I
think it is the most practical solution.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Jacob's LEGO aircraft: