 CAD / *34125 (-100)
  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HuD629.DxI@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) Ok now I understand, might be a nice idea. The drawback is that it would "only" allow one alternate part enabling not more. I can already (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: surface normals and vertex normals for OpenGL

(...) All: It is dangerous to write technical arguments at 1:30 in the morning, and I made some serious mistakes in my post above. 1) You are correct that most LDRAW parts are not closed and probably never will be. Optimizing for ease of part (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - Summary please!

(...) I took the time to read all the posts, and I still would like a summary. It seems like the discussion has converged to conclusion, but I'd like to see the conclusion written up. I know that Lars is writing up code to match the conclusion, but (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New Part: 3629pw2.dat - Minifig Hat Cowboy with Silver Star Pattern

hi folks, I've just posted this part to the PT: (URL) w. www.holly-wood.it (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Any news about LCD and LMPL ?

(...) looks intriguing! the only thing I do not properly understand is the size statement. this simplyfied statement makes sense for ordinary plates and bricks of square or rectangular shape, but not wings, wedges, corners ... have you bounced this (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: surface normals and vertex normals for OpenGL

(...) I don't know about that goal. I think it's better to make it easy to assemble the various primitives into parts. That way we get more people volunteering to make the parts. I don't think the primitives *can* be closed. I also think it's much (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: surface normals and vertex normals for OpenGL

(...) [snip] (...) [snip] (...) It is neither impossible nor particularly hard. I will snip the rest of the post here and explain. There is an interesting property of closed surfaces that can allow you to determine the normals for all polygons (or (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Tile 2x2 with Red fan pattern

Anyone working on this? Or already done? I couldn't find it on the PT. If not I will start on it. (URL) ROSCO (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Name discussion for 40244.dat

This part has been named "Axle for Spiral Staircase" on the Parts Tracker, but needs some wider discussion on the name and orientation. (URL) To my mind it is a Technic Pin Joiner, not disimilar to (URL) just a different length (or height depending (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) I created this readme when we built the BSD offscreen only (no X) version for Peeron. (URL) think it covers just about everything. If you only want 128x128 thumbs you can skip the step about reconfiguring Mesa for larger images. Enjoy, Don (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) I wasn't able to pull it off. The ifpov and ifnotpov insert their own if/else statements into the .pov file, itself. They break the if/else statements that I'm trying to create. (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) Yup, we use it on Peeron and LDraw - though I was trying to recompile it (with a new patch from Don), but haven't had the time to figure out exactly how we did it last time. Doesn't help that the server doesn't have X installed - I think it's (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) Thanks Tim! The new icons will be used any time a folder is uploaded to or "rescan"'ed. KL (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) Emailed some icons over to Kevin. -Tim (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) Has anyone got ldglite to compile on FreeBSD/Linux? That's All I need to render thumbnails. KL (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) Does that mean it's OK to suggest it again? (URL) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) What would really help folders full of ldraw files is an LDraw Icon! Maybe Tim could come up with something that scales nicely in the 128x128 thumbnail box? Better yet would be a rendering of the file, but that would take a bit more work. KL (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) Hey, that's better. But does anybody actually use x-multi-part-ldraw for mpd files? I was under the impression that lugnet only serves up x-ldraw for dat, ldr, and mpd content. And back to the new GUI, I don't think it's really an improvement (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - Summary please!

86 messages have been posted in this thread so far. I don't have a chance to catch up what has been discussed by reading all posts. Is it possible to make a brief and relatively easy-to-read summary of the most significant suggestions, and what (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Hmmm, I must've put myself to sleep as well. Actually, I've been a bit busy lately. Now what was I trying to say... I guess I was thinking that a <SKIP> tag might be a third choice between <HIDE> and <SHOW>, but after a few days I now think it (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

(...) Thanks everyone. I solved my problem in a little different manner, but all this helps me a lot. Now I won't say "I don't know where I'd be without you guys", because I know exactly where I would have a permanent residence: in a state asylum (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: surface normals and vertex normals for OpenGL

(...) <SNIP> (...) That does help a lot. Thanks much. Brian Durney (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Ok, so maybe there was a bit of irony, considering Mac OS X's roots are much older than 9's. But the lack of pre-emptive multiprocessing, protected memory, and other more evolved stuff does make OS 9 a dinosaur. Apple's washed their hands of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

(...) That is correct Orion. (...) L3P uses matrix because a line type 1 already is a matrix. It didn't occur to me to set the last three elements of the matrix as zeros and printing them in a separate translate statement in stead. Speed is only a (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

The first matrix scales the part for a seam width. The second orients the part to your cad file. The last three numbers in the scond matrix are the location. povray rotates around world 0,0,0. so take your lines from this: object { _3003_dot_dat (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) rofl. I think this qualifies as quote of the day. Steve (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

(...) The first 'matrix' specifies the *size* of the brick (depending on the Seam Width setting). The second one defines the rotation and translation of the brick. The first nine numbers are the rotation matrix, and the last three are the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

(...) One to One (...) Matrix is faster because a matrix defines rotation, translation, scaling, and skewing all in the same statement. (...) You can translate without replacing the matrix. Here's a typical POV matrix: matrix (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hu6s61.1FM9@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) "Snip", you got me two days sleeping ;-) I do not have anything against additional keyword, but I realy do not get what's behind them (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Can someone explain the method to the madness...

Well, I don't know if it's madness or not, but it's driving me mad, at any rate. Can some kind soul explain either or both of the following: 1) What is the conversion system for MLCAD units to POV units, when not using LGEO? 2) Why does L3P create (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  m10027 (trainshed)

i completed the train shed with dat files: (URL) am currently working on a extention part that can be used by having an extra m10027 to make from. (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) Oh. I thought you were talking about overlapping walls. I also just remembered that I had used an earlier version of LDBoxer, that replaced bricks regardless of position, to convert Datsville. (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

I'm working on some code to do this now : ) It's an extension of a utility I wrote a week ago that takes an Ldraw file and parses all the submodels and parts to give one a list of the pieces needed to build it. This new version just parses things (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Any news about LCD and LMPL ?

(...) Well, Willy, as you could read in my posting </cad/?n=10984 The LCD guys strike again,> LCD and LMPL is available for download. Meanwhile, I've established my new site at (URL); you'll found my Lego related works on the personal home page. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, FTX)

  Re: Any news about LCD and LMPL ?

(...) w. ps. no it's not a joke! yes, it's a serious question. (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  New Part: 3629pw1.dat - Minifig Hat Cowboy with Cavalry Logo Pattern

hi folks, I've just posted this part to the PT: (URL) w. www.holly-wood.it ps. hopefully this time I got all the cond. lines right ;-) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New experimental LeoCAD parts update available

(...) Librairies are not compatible, but you can import Ldraw parts in LeoCAD (File > Parts manager > file > import pieces). You must exist and restart LeoCAD before imported parts are available. Parts should be in a valid LDraw folder structure so (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) I'd like to see us stick with "deprecated" if we possibly can. Even if we have to explain it to E2L speakers, because it has a very precise meaning which is just the meaning we want, I think. (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: surface normals and vertex normals for OpenGL

(...) I suspect this has been talked about in this group before, but probably not all in one thread. I'll try to summarize the things to look out for. First of all, you are correct in that any files that aren't BFC-certified have polygons with (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Steering Committee candidate Orion Pobursky - backgrounder and position statement

(...) [snip] (...) Thanks, Orion, for posting this. Everyone - I've spent quite a bit of time working with Orion on the web site, and discussing other community issues. I've also had the pleasure of working with him in person at a couple LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) I know you're being tongue-in-cheek, but what it sounds like you are saying couldn't be further from the truth. I suspect it is due to your misinterpreting what I was trying to say. Given that it isn't exactly a trivial thing, that's not too (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I thank you both for the nomination. However, due to constraints on my time, I'm going to have to respectfully decline. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Oh I don't know. I'm still hoping some of these ideas will eventually start to grow on you. Hopefully Lars will write some really nice code that finds the parts search list and somehow associates a list of tags with each directory in the list. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  surface normals and vertex normals for OpenGL

Hello, I have some LDraw animation projects in mind and am starting by making a simple viewer using OpenGL. I have a program that will read a file and display it, but I run into problems with the shading because it only does flat shading. I think I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Jeff Szklennik's T'Kunce Drive IRL

(...) I didn't come up with the idea but here's a file I made of the the T'Kunce Drive -Orion -- 0 T'Kunce Drive 0 Name: TKunceDrive.ldr 0 Author: Orion Pobursky 0 Author: Jeff Szklennik 0 Unofficial Model 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 4733.DAT 1 0 (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad.dat.models, FTX)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Right. I actually manage 350 Macs and I tried to put LDraw on them and ran into several problems that I had to take up with the Mac developers. So anything that makes this easier for admins is good in my opinion. (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) [snip] (...) Again, I'm not talking about most users - most will be covered by the search paths proposed earlier in the thread. This would only be for non-standard installations, where the people installing WOULD be likely to know what I am (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  V3.00 Bug? / Beauty Error?  [DAT]

Hi Michael, I think that i found a little 'beauty' error / bug in MLCAD V3.00. While playing with MLCAD on the past Hobby Salon in Antwerp (Belgium), my club collegues added new colors to the color palette, the selection just after the Transparent (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) "~Replaced by" is a good option. "Depecrated" is more meaningful to computer-language geeks, but I think "~Replaced by" would do the job. Steve (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Mac OS 9 does not have a command line. That OS is a dinosaur. You can think of Mac OS X as a decendant of BSD, with a Mac OS 9 look-a-like window server. In fact, you can remove Apple's window server and add X11, turning Mac OS X into just (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) Never heard the word "deprecated" before, but I can guess its meaning from the context. It's fine, "(Obsolete)" could maybe work too, but I don't care that much about the words chosen, long as it doesn't interfer with any tools. (...) Once I (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) Yes, I guess this would work. although I'd prefer to add "(Deprecated)" or something similar to the title. I'm just dismayed that it has taken 7 months for anyone to realise that this causes problems with the toolset. The full list is : 973p11 (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

Please have a look at my suggestion on how to solve this problem, and let me know what you think: (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) Sorry, skip the rest of the statement. No need to touch the parts with hard-coded pattern (p1a, p1b, p1c, and p1j). The un-orthodox moved to - remark can be altered to a genuine remark statement, like this: 0 ~Minifig Torso with Dungarees (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) Orion, Renè, many thx. I accept the nomination. w. (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Steering Committee candidate Orion Pobursky - backgrounder and position statement

In light of the fact that other candidates are doing write ups with regards to their candidacy, I think it would be appropriate for me to do one. -- I've been an LDraw user since 1998 but I didn't start actively participating until Jan of 2002. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) It did for me. When MLCad found the refernce to 973p11.dat and asked if I wanted to upgrade, it changed all the "973p11.dat" references to "973p1a,.dat" references. Note the ",". -Orion (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Tore Eriksson" <tore.eriksson@mbox3...wipnet.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hu4JnF.15r3@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) 0 (...) 0 (...) such. (...) think (...) change of (...) rendering (...) MLCad does not mess it up, but doesn't detect more levels (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hu4BBu.20n4@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) tags (...) Most (...) <BOXES>, (...) %LDRAWDIR%\PARTS\B (...) version (...) Or (...) soft (...) Ahhh I didn't see that in the first (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hu4L6M.1Eyo@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) these (...) in some cases "xxx.exe /LDRAWDIR=C:/LDRAW /LDRAWINI=\\LDRAW_BOX/INI will work too. There is no standard function set in windows (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) On second thought, this would be a bad idea, because objects outside the view cone could affect things, like reflections, shadows, and fog (important!!!). (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) True, but that would be an example of sloppy modeling on the part of the author ;) . (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) It's not exactly surprising that it worked ok, but if he didn't include any MPD support, then the results aren't necessarily correct. Since he presumably only pays attention to the locations of parts that he's willing to box, the references to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) It worked fine for me. But then, I had to split it up into sections, just like Orion did. (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: New experimental LeoCAD parts update available

(...) Are the parts compatible? Can they be batch-converted? (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) What I meant was that this should be done by POVray within the .pov file, not in the the .ldr file. It is my understanding that one can put ifpov & ifnotpov statements into an .ldr file. They are, however, intended to be used solely by POVray. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) I do denifinitely no agree at all. (Did anybody expect me to? ;) ) (...) Tell me you are not serious about that. Is that what we are supposed to recommend all MLCad users when they stumble on this issue, as well as I have to recommend it to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) Sorry, Tore, but this usage was unavoidable. This isn't a normal part-move, the migration from 973p11 to 973p1a, 973p1b, and 973p1c is fixing an anomoly in the parts library. 973p11 is coded so that the undecorated surfaces of the part are a (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Steering Committee candidate Tim Courtney - backgrounder and position statement

(...) I think this is a great thing to do and I'm glad you did, because it gives me a hook to hang this reply on. Gentle Readers... In my view, when thinking about steering committee candidates, it's important to think about what their approach to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX) !

  Steering Committee candidate Ahui Herrera - backgrounder and position statement

Hello all, I remember a post or maybe an email between me and Tim C. on the issue of documenting all the Offical LEGO sets in LDraw. It was something that I wanted to do back in 1999 when I first encoutered LDraw. (I love documenting stuff). I had (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Well I don't know how mac command lines work but I was thinking along these lines: Windoze: xxx.exe /LDRAWDIR=C:\LDRAW /LDRAWINI=\\LDRAW_BOX\INI Unix: xxx --ldrawdir ${HOME}/ldraw --ldrawini /etc/ldraw You might also wanna provide old single (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) I had a look at 973p11.dat and I see what you mean. I'm not sure. (...) The rendering code is very neccessary. Not all LDraw programs automatically detect the fact the a file ahas been moved. If there were no rending code the the model could (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) Sorry, LDBoxer does not "unpack" and re-parse MPDs. Therefor, the output will not be trustworthy. Someday I may be able to make programs that can handle MPDs correctly... :/ (...) I can understand that. The entire Town.ldr is an extreme task. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) Sorry, I'm a little bit slow. Exactly how am I supposed to do that with 973p11.dat? And then make this a generic routine for a utility to handle automatically? (...) My opinion is that neither MLCad nor MovedTo.exe messes anything up. I think (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) All I did was MPD the Town sections and then ran the MPDs through LDBoxer. I tried to run an MPD of the entire Town.ldr file but it was really slow and LDBoxer exited with a access violation. -Orion (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) There is: use the file referenced by the type 1 line in the MovedTo file. (...) Yes, MLCad messes this up as well. The problem is that you're using the 0 ~MovedTo comment as a reference instead of the type 1 line in the file. 0 ~MovedTo is a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) When rendering Datsville, you'll recieve several hundreds of "Part n Moved moved to nn" messages. It is totally necessary to find a way to eliminate them, so I invented the movedto utility. (...) Yes, that's one of the uses for the "~Moved (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) There are all sorts of network mounting tools out there. I'm not sure, but perhaps you're thinking of samba. I've used that from the unix side to be both a client and a server for Windows networks. But there are plenty of other more obscure (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hu4BBu.20n4@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) server. (...) file (...) tags (...) Most (...) <BOXES>, (...) %LDRAWDIR%\PARTS\B (...) version (...) Or (...) soft (...) There is also (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Lars C. Hassing" <sp.lars@am.hassings.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hu438x.Ko0@lugnet.com... (...) server, (...) They install everything on a NT network, using a server which hold the ldraw library and also a copy of MLCad. I recommended to do (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Steering Committee candidate Tim Courtney - backgrounder and position statement

I thought I would add my own backgrounder and position statement like Larry did. I also encourage other Steering Committee candidates to do the same. -- I'm encouraged and thankful that the community has decided to embrace the LDraw.org Bylaws and (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX) !!

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) Also, I would like to add, in the interest of full public disclosure according to Bylaws Subsection 6.02(a), that I am a part-time employee of the LEGO Company, currently holding a retail associate position, as I continue to work on my college (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Here's how I see it working: 1. The admin creates an LDRAW directory on the server. 2. The admin creates extra parts directories under <LDRAWDIR> on the server. 3. The admin creates an ldraw.ini file in the <LDRAWDIR> using the new GUI program (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) You are not supposed to actually use the information in the comment, it's only informational. The ~ tells mklist to ignore this part. Just ignore the line, the following line type 1 will automatically redirect you to the new part. /Lars (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) Well, I've found one at: (URL) it's from Sept. 2001, and I don't even remember how to use it. (...) Yes please! I would be very happy if you did this. (I've added the exception keyword "Datsville" to my (very conservative) spam filter, so it (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) Typo in the above message. Change "can't" to "can". -Orion (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) Not that I'm aware of (...) I have MPD files of the individual town sections (i.e. Town02, Town10, etc) that have been run through LDBoxer. I can't send them to you if you'd like and then you could just Un-MPD them for the individual files. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?  [DAT]

In 973p11.dat the first line reads: 0 ~Moved to 973p1a, 973p1b, 973p1c L3P can obviously handle this correctly, but my utility movedto.exe for one, treats the input like this: 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 973p11.dat is altered to: 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) How will such an installation be laid out? Will users install MLCad on their local machine and MLCad will then first thing ask the user to locate the LDrawDir, which the user specifies as e.g. L:\LDraw or \\server\LDraw ? If the search path (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) Thank you, guys. I'm really flattered. I accept the nomination. /Tore (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) I've been doing some experiments with different variants of LDBoxer, and also a hing called LDFilTEr. There is a semi-automatic version of LDBoxer where you can pick parts one by one and the interface lets you filter out parts irrelevant for (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  New experimental LeoCAD parts update available

As there was no LeoCAD parts updates for a year, I took the bull by the horns and built an update corresponding to LDraw.org Parts Update 2003-02 (no offense, Leonardo, I know what lack of time is!) This should be considered an experimental release, (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

Also, it would be nice if LDBoxer could replace bricks that have only their bottoms or only their tops covered, as opposed to replacing only those bricks that have both their bottoms and their tops covered. This, however, would necessitate the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

There was some discussion a while back about a technique whereby one culls all objects that are not within the field of view. I don't know if this technique was ever created. I don't know if it's possible to get the bounding box of every object, but (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LDraw.org 2004-01 Parts Update Now Available

(...) Congratulations! I still remember the first time James added some of my creations - must have been some classic windows - to the official parts. Yeah, it really was a kick... /Tore (21 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2004-01 Parts Update Now Available

Whahey! This update contains my first born, the 8x12 baseplate for both the 608 kiosk set and 364 harbour set. Perhaps, only perhaps this gives me the energy to put some more effort in the parts I am planning to submit and the ones I have submitted (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: More Transparency issues (was: "Illusions")

(...) Not at 6:30am though. :) I think I found my problem. I am rendering at Q1, where filter and transparency values don't seem to make much difference. Taking out all the #if QUAL checks seems to solve the problem, though it's going to make it a (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: New LDraw Animation: Rotation Animation

Here is another application of the rotation animation. (URL) Take into account that the minifigs are actually walking in place - it's the camera and lights that revolve around them, creating the illusion that they are walking in a circle. And (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: More Transparency issues (was: "Illusions")

This file renders fine on my machine. I'd say a) Get a clean copy of the Ldraw radisioty file (and, BTW, try rendering without radiosity to see if there is any difference - I doubt it, but hey) or b) Provide your specific color settings (including (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: More Transparency issues (was: "Illusions")

(...) Just one? I would fill up a few *lines* with question marks if I wasn't worried about leaving some for the rest of you. I tried it again, thinking maybe it was just last night or something. Same problem. So I tried something different: I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact