Subject:
Steering Committee candidate Orion Pobursky - backgrounder and position statement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:21:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In light of the fact that other candidates are doing write ups with regards to
their candidacy, I think it would be appropriate for me to do one.

--

I've been an LDraw user since 1998 but I didn't start actively participating
until Jan of 2002.  Since joining the community I have become a Parts Author, an

A fellow LDraw user that I met at Brickfest PDX 2004 pointed out to me the
reason he got involved with LDraw was that LDraw represented the convergence of
many of his interests.  I couldn't agree more.  To me LDraw combines my love of
LEGO, computers, and design all into one nice, neat little package.  This
intersection of so many genres is what makes LDraw community rich and
fulfilling.

As I mentioned above, in the 2 years I've been an active member of this
community I've done a lot to contribute to its growth and development and I feel
that being a member of the LDraw.org Steering Committee is the next step.  My
goals if elected consist of the following:

- Have LDraw.org become more active in the LEGO community as a whole.  This can
be accomplished by having a greater presence at community events and publicizing
the existence of LDraw.org to those LEGO enthusiasts that may not have heard of
us.

- Make LDraw more accessible to the common computer user and LEGO fan.  We've
made some great strides to ease the learning curve involved with setting up
LDraw but many improvements can still be implemented.

- Work closely with LDraw software developers to implement common user requested
feature into their software.  The process of feedback and improvement is vital
to the continued growth of LDraw.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here on LUGNET.

-Orion

--
We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing