 CAD / 11187
Re: New LDraw Animation: Rotation Animation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 17:51:12 GMT

Here is another application of the rotation animation.

http://miguelagullo.net/technicpuppy/LMM/latest.avi

Take into account that the minifigs are actually walking in place - it's the
camera and lights that revolve around them, creating the illusion that they are
walking in a circle.

And talking about cycles, this marks the end of the firt development cycle of
the LMM (Ldraw Minifig Motion) include file for POVray. I'll be away from my
computer for at least two weeks (maybe three) on holidays. During that time,
there will be no development on this include file.

As it stands right now, the file includes support for multiple minifigs
simultaneously (with several walk modes and the possibility to create many more)
and head, neck and hand accesories. Coming up is the ability to "act", both as
in stop-and-go functions and as in individual movement of limbs (this is already
devised, and a only a few hours away from implementation; but alas, vacation
calls). There are also tutorials, a site and hopefully a bunch of movies coming.

NOTHING will change significantly and it already offers plenty of functionality
(specially if seen as a POVRay programming library), so you can feel free to
play around with it and not think that you will be investing time learning
something that is going nowhere ...

http://miguelagullo.net/technicpuppy/LMM/latest.zip

Cheers

PS: The code is proof that I am a better cook than programmer8?) Still, it's
heavily commented and (partly) the result of a very quick development cycle. It
will be cleaned up as well when I come back.