Subject:
Steering Committee candidate Ahui Herrera - backgrounder and position statement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 23:31:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello all,

I remember a post or maybe an email between me and Tim C. on the issue of documenting all the Offical LEGO sets in LDraw. It was something that I wanted to do back in 1999 when I first encoutered LDraw. (I love documenting stuff). I had emailed him a file of my first OFFICAL LEGO Set and an exchange of emails/post begun about the standards for these type of files. Should they be .mpd, what to name all the sub-models, etc... What I remember of the conversation was that he (Tim C.) did not have the power to set a standard as there was no formal committee! So the project just flew flat after that. =(

I wonder now what would happen if I emailed the steering committee AFTER it is in place? Well the project will still flaw flat! Why becuase it would take the committe another year before it decides! ha,ha,ha!!!!!

Well that is my little joke for my intro. =)

I came on the scene in late 1999 after finding LDraw on the web and realizing that I could build whatever I wanted in any color and not use any real LEGO! (At the time my LEGO collection consisted of 1 #4555 Freight Train Station and NOTHING ELSE!!!) From the start, my goal has been documentation. I love documenting stuff and LDraw gave me and has given me the power to do just that!

I have done little posting over the years to LUGNET in terms of discussion not because I don’t read or like to post but becuase most of my time is spent manning
So what are my goals?
  • Continue the documentation of LDraw be it via tutorials, LDraw files, or any other way.
  • Take LDraw into uncharted waters (show the masses how to make aninmations, how to incoporate their models into other images without the use of POV-Ray (photoediting tricks), etc...)
  • Continue to encourage the development of new LDraw tools in all fields (LD4DModeler, etc...)
  • Continue to outreach to those individuals that have “LDrawed” but have never come out to let anyone know (those that have websites with their stuff and are experts in areas we have no one in, no one promoting, no one writing tutorials, etc...)
Yes in one word: DOCUMENTATION!!!!! I feel that it is very important so that once we go and others come they know what we did, what we wanted to accomplish, what we failed at, what we should have done, etc...

AHui