 CAD / 11208
Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 21:47:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Mike Thorn wrote:
Well, I don't know if it's madness or not, but it's driving {me} mad, at any
rate.

Can some kind soul explain either or both of the following:

1) What is the conversion system for MLCAD units to POV units, when not using
LGEO?

One to One

2) Why does L3P create matrices for the placement of elements instead of
using |translate|?

Matrix is faster because a matrix defines rotation, translation, scaling, and
skewing all in the same statement.

I'm cracking my keyboard over my head trying to replace a |matrix| with a
|translate| so I can perform a clock animation on it, but I'm having
absolutely no success. Desperation drives one to ask many questions.

You can translate without replacing the matrix.  Here's a typical POV matrix:

matrix <-1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,-1,0,-56,30>

The last 3 numbers are the object's postion (i.e. translation).

-Orion