 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2154
Re: Animation using Datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 04:52:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tore Eriksson wrote:
LDFilTEr can't filter out a cone, but at least objects that are placed behind
the "camera", or very much to the left or right. Btw, I'm not sure if I ever
made an official LDFilTEr(?)

What I meant was that this should be done by POVray within the .pov file, not in
the the .ldr file.

It is my understanding that one can put ifpov & ifnotpov statements into an .ldr
file. They are, however, intended to be used solely by POVray. I've been
thinking that we could use these to label and wrap different portions of a part
file, depending on if the portion corresponds to the top, bottom, or middle
(maybe even a left and right) of the part. Then, LDBoxer could determine if any
of these portions are hidden (covered by another part) and set a "hidden" flag
for that portion.
No parts would be replaced with boxes. POVray (or, even, other utilities) would
simply not render that portion. I'll give it some more thought and try to come
up with a example.

I, by the way, made an extended LDBoxer library some time ago. There are many
additional parts. Some of them are unfinished, and a few have had the number of
faces reduced to a point where they can no longer pass as the original part
under any circumstances. You might want to double-check each part.

Here's the URL:
http://www.geocities.com/mikehorvath.geo/legotools.htm