 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2151
Re: Animation using Datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:41:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Tore Eriksson wrote:
Btw, I'm not sure if I ever made an official LDFilTEr(?)

Not that I'm aware of

Well, I've found one at:
http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/ldfilter/
but it's from Sept. 2001, and I don't even remember how to use it.

I've been thinking of adding "safe" simplified versions of Datsville's
buldings - at least the largest ones. With "safe", I mean "Simplification Level
B" - only parts without any risk are boxed. If you have a library with such
files, could you email them to me for the next Datsville update?

I have MPD files of the individual town sections (i.e. Town02, Town10, etc) that
have been run through LDBoxer.  I can send them to you if you'd like and then
you could just Un-MPD them for the individual files.

Yes please! I would be very happy if you did this. (I've added the exception
keyword "Datsville" to my (very conservative) spam filter, so it will not be
filtered out if you included that in the subject line).

Also, any suggestion on how to solve the directory structure dilemma would be great. DS.

I'm not sure what you mean.

That is very understandable. I began writing a paragraph about that problem, but
it was turned out so complicated (lacking the correct terms), so I deleted it
and was about to rewrite it. But, of course, I forgot to do so...

Instead of trying to explain the problem, let me just ask how you organize the
original and the simplified model files. How do you keep them apart and yet
allow the renderer/LP3 to find them? Or are you only using the simplified
models?

/Tore