 CAD / *33325 (-100)
  Re: New colors are defined as what in LDraw????

---snip--- (...) Willy could you post your modified file someone so I can take a look at it? Thanks, -AHui LDraw Help Desk (URL) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) Hi Don, Yeah, looking at it again, I have to say that I agree; six and seven should be switched. I also need to mention that the user should download all the updates. My best guess, since the date on the ldraw parts for linux file is not (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Dinosaur parts

(...) The dinosaur leg pieces also appear to be made up of a few parts. The one I'm looking at has the left and right legs (in green), a central plastic piece (in grey), and a metal rod joining the pieces. So 40384 could be the middle plastic piece. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad)

  Re: New colors are defined as what in LDraw????

(...) Nope. But partnames don't show up in rendered files. Colors do. (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New colors are defined as what in LDraw????

(...) I agree, it is a valid opinion. my question is: why nobody stood up asking to rename all the duplo parts at the PT into "explore"? do we really have to copy slavishly all the marketing stunts? w. (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New colors are defined as what in LDraw????

(...) hmm ... as far as I know we haven't even defined half of the colors used by the company (I don't recall seeing the ldraw number for "Dark Curry" ;-): (URL) the saying "first come first served" is still true the new colors go at the end of the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) I'd switch steps 6 and 7 and maybe add a sentence that explaining that some options are still only available on the command line for ldglite and mklist. I'm also thinking about adding a link to the MegaBlock ldraw library if I can find it. The (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Problems with creation of images

(...) WinXP. Full admin rights and lots of harddisk space. (...) 3.00 with Dutch language file installed. (...) I am guessing he is not, but I will ask. (...) I have adviced him to do so, but have not heard from him since. Perhaps the problem is (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Problems with creation of images

(...) He has WinXP, so the 8.3 problem is not the case. Neither does he overwrite a read only file (he ensured me). He also has enough diskspace. I asked him for more info, but got no reaction so far. Perhaps the problem is solved. Thanks. Jaco (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Friction pins no friction?

(...) Look's good, Though you may want to just make the primitive have the friction bits alone without the connector. That way you possibly could be able to use it on parts like 6558 and 32054 as well. (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Vintage lightbrick 2 x 4

(...) If you really want to impress the nitpickers you have to model the Tungsten (Tungsten is what we call wolfram here) filament AND get it to emit light when the model is POVed... :-) This part brings back fond memories, it was my first electric (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New colors are defined as what in LDraw????

(...) I am serious about the question! Why? Well when I first posted the question I was asking becuase I (Ahui Herrera, a LEGO fan) wanted to know how to render the new colors. However, part of the curcioisty is also to get prepared for when someone (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: the LCD guys strike again :-)

(...) Hi Damien, sorry for not being here for a long while. The fact is that, at the time when I invented LCD and LMPL, I were using a slow dialup account with large phone bills. I was unable to visit Lugnet often and I could answer private mail (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: New colors are defined as what in LDraw????

(...) Why make the same 'mistake' in LDraw as TLC did? ;-) Be glad that all parts in LDraw are still available in the beloved old grays and brown ;-) Niels (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dinosaur parts

(...) I could find out some numbers for the "Animal Dinosaur"-parts: 40376, 40377, 40378, 40379 (these numbers must be for the neck/tail sections, because of four numbers in a row and four neck/tail parts) 40384 could be the "Animal Dinosaur Head (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad)

  Re: New colors are defined as what in LDraw????

(...) It struck me as a serious question. It may not matter so much in LDraw itself, which has relatively low resolution colors, but it does matter for POVRay where color rendering does matter. If someone does a model that deliberately used both the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Vintage lightbrick 2 x 4

Last night I've uploaded the vintage lightbrick to the Part Tracker. (URL) all related subfiles) I was a bit amazed that I got reviews so quick, even though they were novotes. Since I can't reply on the PT, I'll do it here. Steffen about (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  LDraw.org Policies and Procedures Draft

As a follow-up to my previous post, introducing the Bylaws and Policies and Procedures documents, here is the draft of the proposed LDraw.org Policies and Procedures. Tim Courtney LDraw Organization Policies and Procedures ===...=== 1 Introduction (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  LDraw.org Bylaws Draft

As a follow-up to my previous post, introducing the Bylaws and Policies and Procedures documents, here is the draft of the proposed LDraw.org Bylaws. Tim Courtney Bylaws of the LDraw Organization ===...=== Article 1: Name How we are known, web (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

Hi Everybody - In the ongoing effort to formalize LDraw.org into a democratic organization, I'd like to present draft documents for the organization Bylaws and Policies and Procedures. Please see my two follow-up posts; FTX versions of both (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX) !!

  Re: Friction pins no friction?

I have submitted the first in the line of confric# primitive to the LDraw Parts Tracker. (URL) is use the the part 43093 Axle Pin with Friction. (URL) should give people a better idea of what I have planned. With this new line of primitives we will (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New colors are defined as what in LDraw????

(...) [SNIP-SNAP] (...) hi ahui, were you serious when you posted this ROFL? do you really think we should honor a fool's work by defining new color numbers? w. (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: problems with part number 4589

(...) I have both of these in my /p folder. Both of these were released with the 2003-2 update. Make sure your library is up to date. -Orion (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  problems with part number 4589

Hey, I don't know if this is a new thing or something that I never noticed before, but part number 4589 isn't rendering correctly in LDGLite 1.0.12 for OS X or BrickDraw3D. BD3D sheds some light on the situation. BD3D reports Error: Can't find file (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Need partnumbers and some partnames

(...) OK - I have moved the existing x322.dat out of the way (to x289.dat). Chris (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New colors are defined as what in LDraw????

Which the production of the 2004 LEGO sets and the THREE new colors (Brown, Gray, and Light Gray) how are were defining these colors in LDraw? What RGB definitions to I need to place in MLCAD to represent these new colors? Thanks, -AHui A&M LWorks (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Need partnumbers and some partnames

(...) When I tried to upload this part, it got rejected because there was a x322.dat already on the PT.... Before this rejection I have uploaded two subparts s\x322s01.dat and s\x322s02.dat. Niels (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Problems with creation of images

Usually this error message says what it means. There is a problem creating or overwriting the file. E.g. this could be cause because of creating a file with more than 8.3 characters on an older file system, that the old file which eventually shell (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  A&M LWorks Presents a Jamie Neufeld Creation: TIE X1 Pod BI

(URL) You can download the BIs from here: (URL) -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) And don't you forget that we (all three of us ;) appreciate it! In fact, this afternoon I was ldrawing with ldglite instead of working. (...) Let me know what you think of the updated install instructions (URL) they are ok, I (or you) can put (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) Well, I hope the final syntax for the color definition statement will allow some space for programs to support their own special syntactic needs. So you hopefully won't need a super-custom meta-statement for LDView, just a special flavor for (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Missing parts in Ldraw, what do I do now?

(...) Sorry about that. The part admins are aware of this problem, but (as Damien said), it won't be totally resolved until the unofficial versions of 32296.dat and 32269.dat are released. Steve (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) This is easy for Mklist.app 0.1 -- just launch the app, and select "Create Menu, Then Quit" from the File menu. (In 0.2, that should say "Create List, Then Quit" -- as the human factors department will hopefully not have had a martini with (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Missing parts in Ldraw, what do I do now?

Hello you, (...) There are other places (many personal web pages), but they are scaterred and mostly redundant with the ldraw unofficial list. (...) Part availability is more a question of part authoring, it is not necessarily connected to part (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Downloading unofficial parts

(...) I just checked the ldrawunf file and it is current through today (Jan 16 2004) so it seems to be updating fine. -Orion (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) Well, the DOS executable in the part update from ldraw.org won't work, but you should be able to use either the point-N-click version or the OSX command line executable that are included in the ldglite bundle. What's missing is some simple (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Missing parts in Ldraw, what do I do now?

I'm not an expert in Ldraw, and are not too familar with the Ldraw website.... I'm searching for a Tyre 56x30R Baloon (part 32180) (URL) but can't find the *.dat file for that. It is a pretty old tyre so it is strange that it is not in the part list (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) I don't know if mklist will work or not. (...) I can submit pages and then they get approved by the site admins. (I'm kinda site admin for the mac stuff--please don't boo and hiss at me for not doing much...!) (...) I can add links or make (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) Very nice. What about running mklist so the new parts appear in the lookup? James wrote: (...) It'd be nice to make this information available on ldraw.org. However, I have no idea how to submit the documentation there. Is that written up (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) If someone wants to write up instructions, we can post this to the www.ldraw.org website under the Mac section. I would have done this but I have been too busy. I have never done a parts update either, so I don't know any more than any of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) This is right. Combining this with Chris's observation regarding the -u switch, then here is the procedure (ready for the OS X install document), which I have tested on my own installation: - Assumption: ldraw folder is in ~/Library (the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) The good side of the LSC is that with the reduced number of people, you are hopefully able to actually come to a consensus in a reasonable time frame. The bad side is that since the discussions are private, you have to deal with hecklers like (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  SIGGRAPH 2004 Themepark

I received a note about this document over email. Is this something LDraw developers would be interested in participating in? (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) Thanks. That's a good idea. I'll have to think about it, though. Up until now, I have purposely avoided creating any LDView-specific meta-commands. On the other hand, this would be one of the few reasons that might convince me that an (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

(...) Woo-hoo! :-) I can review parts now! --Travis (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) I don't have access to a Mac, so I can't say anything with certainty, but I've used the Unix version of unzip (which I'm guessing is the one from Fink above, only compiled for a different *nix flavor). I would expect the above to extract the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Downloading unofficial parts

(...) It is the same problem again. Please update the ldrawunf.zip. Thanks M (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) True -- it's also present in my 10.3.2 installation, too. Fink *also* installs unzip in /sw/bin. (...) That is quite an attitude! (...) That sounds more appropriate. The grain of salt for my previous suggestion was that I've been doing the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) Hmm, I don't think you need Fink to get unzip (I am running 10.2.8). %whereis unzip gives /usr/bin/unzip Thats some attitude that program has. I tried %unzip help and unzip replied, and I quote unzip: can't find help, help.zip or help.ZIP, so (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

(...) As of tonight, here's where things stand: - I've finished updating all the restricted-access scripts (those are the scripts under cgi-bin/tracker). - I've turned off the old authentication -- so you won't be prompted by your browser to log in. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) You could put your custom information in an ldviewconfig.ldr file which you supply with the LDView install. Then add a setting to LDView, allowing the user to specify multiple pre-processing files. Default the setting to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) We're working on it. Give us another 24 hours to have something to present. Not a final 'done deal', but at least a decent writeup. Steve (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) I've been using this method, too. The one thing I'd add is that these steps also need to be performed for the p/48 directory, or you risk deleting some or all of the 48-segment primitives. It's been years since I've had a copy of the 'pro' (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Problems with creation of images

(...) What OS version does he have? What MLCAD version does he have? Is he attempting to run MLCAD from a CD? Has he uninstalled AND cleaned out windows registery and then reinstalled everything? Can you give him my email or have him contact the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Problems with creation of images

Hi all, Recently I got an E-mail from someone who cannot create images with MLCad. He gets the error message: Failed to create the file! Whatever the problem is, it is not his PC, OS, version, harddisk space, user rights, etc. Does anyone have an (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: NATHANAELS 4099 TRANSFORMER

Wow! Not only is the animation is very cool, but I like the model even more! Jaco "Steve Krass" <skrass@hillengr.com> schreef in bericht news:HrJ7IA.w9x@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: NATHANAELS 4099 TRANSFORMER

(...) Yummy! -Teddy (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Bionicle Claw with Axle

I love working with LDraw files in MLCad, but am not able to create a .dat file. I have tried to wrap my head around it through FAQ’s and discussion, but I just won’t get it. I am creating a number of farm-related custom models. I like these (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) True, but they won't appear in the part lookup list until you run mklist. So don't forget those part numbers or you'll never find them again. If I recall, the osx bundle should contain Tom's point-N-click mklist, and the standard command line (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  NATHANAELS 4099 TRANSFORMER

Just finished an animation of nathanaels 4099 transformer. I have to give him credit for this moc. Hope this helps show the transformation. You can see it here. (URL) Enjoy. (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) Everyone should probably take what ever I say with a grain of salt, but I can't remember Stuffit Lite or Stuffit Expander ever asking where to put the uncompressed file. It just uncompresses the zip/sit file creating the new uncompressed file (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

(...) Hopefully not too much longer - I'm working on the last script now. Steve (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Thank you LDraw Part Authors

We get a lot of messages in a month to the LDraw Help Desk about a number of issues. Every now and then we get a "Thank you". Well parts authors you are far too many to email in a mass email (plus I don't know all of your emails). But I hope you (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

(...) hi steve, could you please keep us updated how long we will need to log in twice? many thx, willy (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Anybody working on 43121?

Anybody working on 43121? This is the engine housing from the Air Blazers set. Picture on Bricklink: (URL) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) Where else would you put it? What if you break the material settings up into two parts? 1) a material tag on the COLOURDEF line: 0 COLOURDEF 334 ChromeGold 15 0xFFC40026 MATERIAL metallic 2) a MATERIALDEF line added to the end of the file that (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) Hey, that's a good question. If anyone comes up with a verified method for adding a parts update an existing Ldraw folder on a mac, I'd like to incorporate it into this page. (URL) only covers a full parts install, and the section on mklist (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Adding part updates

(...) I'm not sure about specifics on the Mac, but I do know that the zip versions of the parts updates just get unzipped over the original files on a PC. When asked, I instruct Winzip to replace all duplicate files with the version from the zip, (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Has anyone ever attempted to do a LDRAW of 8868 compressor truck?

(...) I'm sorry, I missed that one when I audited the inventory. I guess that's the only part in the set not currently authored. I don't have that part otherwise I'd make it for you. Maybe someone else can? -Orion (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Adding part updates

Is there a procedure for adding part updates to the parts library on a Mac? Has anyone figured out a way to automate it? I've noticed that the updates have folders within folders. Am I correct in guessing that I want to keep the contents of the old (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Lights

(...) I now forego point lights in favour of area lights - usually 3, each with a 4x4 grid of lights. I find it gives nice soft shadows without the sort of washed out look that a sky sphere gives, and you can control which parts of the model get (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone ever attempted to do a LDRAW of 8868 compressor truck?

(...) Hi Orion, When I try to look for part 4267 (the big tyres) in the parts tracker, I get this: "Library subdirectory must be included in the filename" I tried it with another more common part and it worked. (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Has anyone ever attempted to do a LDRAW of 8868 compressor truck?

(...) All the parts for 8868 are available either as official files or on the Parts Tracker: (URL) of the parts for 8862 are not available. As far as modelling the hoses there are 3 resources available: LDraw Design Pad's Bendible Object Generator (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Lights

I've looking into some lighting stuff and I'm curious to know what kind of lighting parameters people usually use when creating POV renderings. The settings I could come up with are: Global: - Ambient Light Color For each light: - Light Position - (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  LEGO Digital Designer 1.1 Available

LEGO Digital Designer 1.1 has been released and you can download it from: (URL) allows you to select a brickset to work with, has numerous small improvements over 1.0 and includes a preferences tool. Try it out and let us know what you think. -- (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Has anyone ever attempted to do a LDRAW of 8868 compressor truck?

Because I saw none on brickshelf. Does such a ldraw model exist yet? I saw plenty of supercars and old technic sets but no 8868 or 8862. If not, I may attempt to create a ldraw file of the 8868 truck once I get started with the ldraw utilies. The (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Part number for old style 1x2 hinge

I am doing an inventory of my loose parts and cannot find the part number or the description of the following part: 1x2 hinge plate, a lot like the 2 and 3 fingered hinge plates, but with only two end fingers on the recieving plate and one thick (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) That's a very heavy argument against EmbPOV. It would be a great thing if we could just have a very few basic features, say clipped by, pattern wrap and maybe one or two other and make it a generic syntax for alternative code. (...) Despite (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: NEW TO LUGNET

(...) crossing2.gif. The train seems to just keep going, and going, and going... ;-) --Travis (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) I agree that something of that sort would be a good idea, but in the case of my metallic colors, I actually hand-tweaked the settings for each metallic color. They aren't all the same. This was done partially to differentiate between chrome (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: NEW TO LUGNET

(URL) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) Why not use the optional MATERIAL bits from this old discussion (URL) come up with a modified ldconfig.ldr? Then implement some code in LDVIEW to enable your metallic lighting goodies when ldconfig.ldr contains the proper MATERIAL settings. (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: NEW TO LUGNET

(...) good idea will put up in a couple of days. I dont mind if members use these as long as they give a little credit. (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: NEW TO LUGNET

(...) I'd like a minifig walking on a transparent bg without any shadows! I'm surte many would ask you the permission to use it on their website! Terry (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) Given that ldconfig.ldr is part of the LDraw parts library, I was referring to the color reference on the LDraw.org site (noted in another message). However, it might make sense to use the colors above, since they came directly from Lego, and (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(I switched to FTX due to an unusually long link.) (...) I was referring to the one at ldraw.org (URL) (LDraw definitions at the bottom). I believe that the LDraw color definitions there came from some version of the LDraw FAQ. When I said (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: NEW TO LUGNET

Hi! These animations look great even they are so small. ;-). I wish you would render some of them in divx Format. Play well Carsten "Steve Krass" <skrass@hillengr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HrFwHw.12nx@lugnet.com... (...) became a (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  NEW TO LUGNET

Hello all I have been posting these at brickshelf for a while. But just recently became a member to lugnet. Looking for some feedback or comments or ideas. Thanks (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) In fact the official LEGO colour chart mentioned here (URL) uses 27, 42, 52 for black. ROSCO (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) (er, which official color chart?) (...) Uh, Travis, it's *black*. It's *supposed* to be dark. People have questioned/complained that it's not 'true black' (ie, 0,0,0). You might be right about the origin of the 33 value, but I believe I was (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Help needed: Are these parts really LEGO?

(...) I'm at work right now, but I'll take a look at the parts when I get home. Dave! (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

Sorry to immediately post a follow-up to my own post, but I just noticed that RubberBlack is defined with the same 33,33,33 color (not surprisingly), and I feel it needs to be updated as well. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

The ldconfig.ldr file currently being distributed with the parts library seems to have the wrong definition for black. It uses 33,33,33 as the RGB color, when the official color chart uses 51,51,51. Two things to note. First, 33,33,33 comes out (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Friction pins no friction?

It struck me as odd that the 3673 Technic Pin (no friction) and the 4459 Technic Pin with Friction looked identical. Why are they the same? Where is that friction? I feel there should be a line of connect primitives that clearly show this friction. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Gallery at BrickFest PDX

"Jon Palmer" <jon@zemi.net> wrote in message news:HrCMsF.yqq@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) A follow up. Renders at a resolution between 1500x1125 and 3000x2250 would be great. I should also note that Travis was originally heading up this project (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  LDraw Gallery at BrickFest PDX

There will be a gallery of about 15 high quality renders at BrickFest PDX. We're looking for some great Space and Castle creations. If you have something top notch you'd like to display at the Fest please send me an email with an image of the render (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space) !

  Re: Specification of LEGO tracks

(...) Pictures with measures on it can be found at : (URL) (after moderation) Measures are in LDU, one LDU = 0,4mm Regards, Ludo (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I still like the idea of all the renderings being the same with the same camara positions and 1-3 special views suggested by the author. -Orion (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Help needed: Are these parts really LEGO?  [DAT]

Got these parts in an eBay lot. I think they are original LEGO, but they may be a very early clone. I really like the "windoor" On one side it's a door, you flip it 180 deg's and it becomes a window! :) 0 FILE MODEL.LDR 0 Are these doors and windows (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Specification of LEGO tracks

(...) Hi Jan: I'm also developing an application for trackplans, only for the PC: (URL) Track Designer is another PC application that has LEGO track models: (URL) are a number of LEGO train-systems. They include: - 4.5V or 12V / gray or blue (no (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact