 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 548
Re: Adding part updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:51:10 GMT

Very nice.  What about running mklist so the new parts appear in the
lookup?

I don't know if mklist will work or not.

James wrote:
If someone wants to write up instructions, we can post this to the
www.ldraw.org website under the Mac section.  I would have done this
but I have been too busy.

It'd be nice to make this information available on ldraw.org.
However, I have no idea how to submit the documentation there.
Is that written up somewhere?

I can submit pages and then they get approved by the site admins.  (I'm kinda
site admin for the mac stuff--please don't boo and hiss at me for not doing
much...!)

I also have some small issues with the new version of the website.
Since ldglite isn't available on the Mac getting started page:

  http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=97

it really needs it's own complete getting started guide.  Now maybe It
could just point to some parts update documentation on ldraw.org as it
does for the original parts install,

I can add links or make changes (that have to be approved--so they take a bit of
time).  I can add ldglite to the getting started page.  If you want its own
documentation, I can put that up too.  I pretty much just copied the Windows
getting started page.

If anyone wants anything posted to the Mac side, just let me know.

but the PHP in the new URLs make
me nervous.  They seem so temporary and uninformative compared to the
old URLs:

  http://www.ldraw.org/download/start/mac/step1.shtml

I mean, is ...file=article&sid=97 always going to get me there?

Yeah.  Unless someone went and deleted the site and it had to be recreated all
over I guess.

James