 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 556
Re: Adding part updates (and clone parts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:12:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
Don Heyse wrote:
I'm also thinking about adding a link to the MegaBlock ldraw library
if I can find it.  The recent color change did away with the whole
Lego "System" concept by introducing subtle incompatibilities.  It
seems like Lego really wants us to mix it up with the clone bricks,
so I'm willing to help them out there.

   Wow, you are taking this color thing hard.  I wouldn't use the
MegaBlocks parts, but providing a link seems reasonable. I mean, there
are people that like and use MegaBlocks, so why not.

I believe one of you Mac guys may have actually inquired about the
clone part files at one point.  So clone part makers, what's the
current status?  I have a copy of clone001.zip.  Should I make that
available from the Mac ldglite startup page, with an offsite link
telling where to get the current clone part library (when/if it
reappears)?

   Hrm, I have been poking around again, and a little thing has cropped
up that bugs me a bit. When a "dat" is double clicked, LDGLite opens it,
but other than that the path is used to open the file, the path of the
file is not passed to ldglite. If save is chosen from the popup menu or
via the file menu, there is no path information. A new user might simply
enter the name and press return. When you do that, the file is saved to
the root level of the hard drive. Is there any way to get that path info
transfered to the save functions? Or is there anyway to switch the
default to the user's home directory?

I'll have to look into this.  The path should be available somewhere.
Otherwise the file wouldn't open.  Does it do the same thing when you
click on a DAT link on the internet vs a local file?

Don