 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 544
Re: Adding part updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:47:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Tom Bozzo wrote:
It's been years since I've had a copy of the 'pro' version of Stuffit, so I'm
not sure what additional extraction options that would afford.  However, the
command line unzip utility (available via Fink) should do this with something
like 'unzip -f lcad0303.zip -d ~/library/ldraw'.

I don't have access to a Mac, so I can't say anything with certainty, but I've
used the Unix version of unzip (which I'm guessing is the one from Fink above,
only compiled for a different *nix flavor).  I would expect the above to extract
the files into the following directory:

~/library/ldraw/ldraw

The parts update zips all have the ldraw directory encoded into them.
Consequently, any unzip program that supports directories inside the zip (which
I would expect to be all unzip programs) would automatically put the files in
the ldraw subdirectory of whatever directory you unzip into.  So if
~/library/ldraw is your ldraw directory, then 'unzip -f lcad0303.zip -d
~/library' would seem like the correct command.

--Travis Cobbs