 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 559
Re: Adding part updates (and clone parts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 03:15:24 GMT

Don Heyse wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:

snip

  Hrm, I have been poking around again, and a little thing has cropped
up that bugs me a bit. When a "dat" is double clicked, LDGLite opens it,
but other than that the path is used to open the file, the path of the
file is not passed to ldglite. If save is chosen from the popup menu or
via the file menu, there is no path information. A new user might simply
enter the name and press return. When you do that, the file is saved to
the root level of the hard drive. Is there any way to get that path info
transfered to the save functions? Or is there anyway to switch the
default to the user's home directory?

I'll have to look into this.  The path should be available somewhere.
Otherwise the file wouldn't open.  Does it do the same thing when you
click on a DAT link on the internet vs a local file?

Don

Hey Don,

   When I click a [DAT] link the windowbar of the ldglite window says
"/Users/cjmasi/Desktop/mini.dat" which is where the dat file is put
before is it handed off to ldglite. If I do a "control click send to
ldglite" the windowbar of the ldglite window says the same thing, but in
both cases the save (via "/f/s" and "control click save") has no path
information and defaults to the root level of the hard drive.

Chris