 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 539
Re: Adding part updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 04:08:18 GMT

Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Erik L. Knopp wrote:

Is there a procedure for adding part updates to the parts library on a
Mac? Has anyone figured out a way to automate it?

I've noticed that the updates have folders within folders. Am I correct
in guessing that I want to keep the contents of the old versions of the
inner  folders as well as the the contents of those in the updates?
(And thus, should not just copy the entire contents of an updates outer
level folder to the library counterpart.)

Hey, that's a good question.  If anyone comes up with a verified
method for adding a parts update an existing Ldraw folder on a mac,
I'd like to incorporate it into this page.

  http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/osxinstall.html

It only covers a full parts install, and the section on mklist
could use some work because you'll probably want to run that after a
parts update.

Don

Everyone should probably take what ever I say with a grain of salt, but
I can't remember Stuffit Lite or Stuffit Expander ever asking where to
put the uncompressed file. It just uncompresses the zip/sit file
creating the new uncompressed file in the same directory as the
oringinal stuffed/zipped file. I assumed the process went as follows...
double click zip file. Open directory. Open 'p' dierectory. Copy
contents to ldraw 'p' directory. Open 'parts' directory. Copy contents
to 'ldraw' 'parts' directory. It isn't an elegant solution, but it isn't
a difficult solution.

By the way, what in the heck is mklist, and why do I want to run it when
I add files/parts? I added 2865 and 2867 (straight and curved 9v train
track or visa versa) to my parts directory and I don't think I ran
mklist, but ldglite can use those files without a problem.

Kinda funny that I barely know what I am doing, yet I helped write the
osxinstall.html stuff for ldglite, don't you think? Not laugh out loud
funny, but I think you get the point.

Chris