 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 541
Re: Adding part updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:32:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:

Everyone should probably take what ever I say with a grain of salt, but
I can't remember Stuffit Lite or Stuffit Expander ever asking where to
put the uncompressed file. It just uncompresses the zip/sit file
creating the new uncompressed file in the same directory as the
oringinal stuffed/zipped file. I assumed the process went as follows...
double click zip file. Open directory. Open 'p' dierectory. Copy
contents to ldraw 'p' directory. Open 'parts' directory. Copy contents
to 'ldraw' 'parts' directory. It isn't an elegant solution, but it isn't
a difficult solution.

I've been using this method, too.  The one thing I'd add is that these steps
also need to be performed for the p/48 directory, or you risk deleting some or
all of the 48-segment primitives.

It's been years since I've had a copy of the 'pro' version of Stuffit, so I'm
not sure what additional extraction options that would afford.  However, the
command line unzip utility (available via Fink) should do this with something
like 'unzip -f lcad0303.zip -d ~/library/ldraw'.

True, but they won't appear in the part lookup list until you run
mklist.  So don't forget those part numbers or you'll never find them
again.  If I recall, the osx bundle should contain Tom's point-N-click
mklist, and the standard command line version (which is probably
explained somewhere on ldraw.org).

...and I'll get mklist.app 0.2 going Real Soon Now (once I pull the project into
XCode).

Tom