 CAD / Development / 9408
Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 00:42:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
I'm fairly happy with the results, but the only way I can think of to get that
information into the ldconfig file would be to actually include specular
settings there: specular exponent (shininess) and specular color.  I don't
really think that's appropriate in the ldconfig file, as the specular settings
may be too specific to the renderer.

You could put your custom information in an ldviewconfig.ldr file which you supply
with the LDView install.  Then add a setting to LDView, allowing the user to specify
multiple pre-processing files.  Default the setting to
   <LDrawDir>\ldconfig.ldr;<LDViewDir>\ldviewconfig.ldr
and you're in business.

Having said the above, having material properties added to the file could help a
lot.  However, the format of the information first has to be agreed upon, and
then the file has to be updated.  That discussion thread kind of petered out,
with no clear consensus for a format.

Yes, exactly.  We repaired to the LSC list for some discussion, but I'm hoping we'll
be able to post an update shortly.

Steve