 CAD / Development / 9409
Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 00:48:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:

Note to all Parts Tracker authors and reviewers: I have started changing the
scripts to authenticate user privileges against your general ldraw.org login.

As of tonight, here's where things stand:

- I've finished updating all the restricted-access scripts (those are the scripts
under cgi-bin/tracker).

- I've turned off the old authentication -- so you won't be prompted by your browser
to log in.

- If you log into ldraw.org without selecting the "keep me logged in" option, you'll
be logged out after 10 minutes of working in the public PT scripts without hitting a
restricted-access script (or the ldraw.org main site).  I/We'll be working to update
the public PT pages/scripts to fix this issue in the near future.

- Dan Boger has fixed the problem where not being logged in would cause a
script-crash.  Now you should just get "You must be logged in" messages if you are
not logged into ldraw.org.

- The PT page layout still needs to be updated, to provide a direct link to logging
in at ldraw.org.

If you have any problems, let us know at parts@ldraw.org.

Steve