 CAD / 10988
Re: New colors are defined as what in LDraw????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:41:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera wrote:
Which the production of the 2004 LEGO sets and the THREE new colors (Brown,
Gray, and Light Gray) how are were defining these colors in LDraw?

What RGB definitions to I need to place in MLCAD to represent these new
colors?

[SNIP-SNAP]

[-AHui]

hi ahui,

were you serious when you posted this ROFL? do you really think we should honor
a fool's work by defining new color numbers?

It struck me as a serious question.

It may not matter so much in LDraw itself, which has relatively low resolution
colors, but it does matter for POVRay where color rendering does matter. If
someone does a model that deliberately used both the old and new dark grey it
would be nice to be able to see that in a render.

I believe the above opinion to be valid whether you like the changes or not.

I agree, it is a valid opinion. my question is: why nobody stood up asking to
rename all the duplo parts at the PT into "explore"? do we really have to copy
slavishly all the marketing stunts?

w.