 CAD / 10975
Re: Missing parts in Ldraw, what do I do now?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:37:24 GMT

Hello you,

In lugnet.cad, Øyvind Steinnes wrote:
I'm not an expert in Ldraw, and are not too familar with the Ldraw
website....
I'm searching for a Tyre 56x30R Baloon (part 32180)
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32180 but can't find the *.dat file for
that. It is a pretty old tyre so it is strange that it is not in the part
list and not in the unofficial list either. Is there other places to search
for parts to add to the Ldraw library?

There are other places (many personal web pages), but they are scaterred and
mostly redundant with the ldraw unofficial list.

Is the partlist only made up off the most used parts? So if nobody has have
ever used (e.g made it in Ldraw) this part I'm searching for then it is not
in the partlist?

Part availability is more a question of part authoring, it is not necessarily
connected to part usage and part requests.

Another question about the "unofficial part list"
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptlist.cgi , who ensures that the partnumber is
correct?
I was trying to dowload the Technic Racing Tyre
(http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/32296.dat) but that
partnumber allready exist in the partlist in Ldraw. It is listet as Technic
Gear 20 Tooth Double Bevel. Can two parts have the same number?
How can I add this "secondary" partnumber into Ldraw? Just renaming the file
to 32296b.dat ? Or is there more to this numbering system?

Parts can't have the same number, correction (of part number) is guaranteed only
at officialization. Parts listed in the "unofficial part list" can contain any
amount of errors. Renaming the file to 32296b.dat does the job until a better
solution is available. Then, when part is made official, you have to remove this
32296b.dat file.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes

Hope it helps,