 CAD / *30625 (-100)
  Re: Ldraw/MLCAD question

(...) okay, this sounds like what im thinking about! but, how do you do it? I found what you are describing, it is under Settings>Groups>Group Configuration and then i get two lists - on one side is says "Brick" on the other "<Brick" then on the (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ver 0.73.1 & Minifig Wizard

(...) I forgot to post here but I found and fixed the problem, just download 0.73.2 and it will work. Leonardo (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  group configuration (was: Ldraw/MLCAD question)

(...) FWIW, Microsoft's .NET framework version 1.1 has a regular expression parser. I don't know if it exists in the MFC, or in version 1.0 of the framework (I'm new to Visual Studio), but if it's available to the mlcad build I'd really like to see (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Ldraw/MLCAD question

(...) Have you looked at the "group configuration options"? I think it's on the Tools menu (or maybe Extras). I use this feature to separate out "unmodified" bricks and plates into "Bricks" and "Plates" categories, and the modified ones go into (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Suggestions for L3Lab and L3PAddOn updates

When creating parts I use LDDP and L3Lab next to eachother. LDDP remembers the last uses size and position of the window, while L3Lab does not. It would be nice if L3Lab could be updated to do the same, so it would show up exactly where I want it (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw/MLCAD question

This discussion about raised a suggestion for a nice feature for MLCad (and perhaps also for other LDraw building software): A possibility to filter all patterned bricks. And have this filter be enabled and disabled with a press of a button. (The (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw/MLCAD question

(...) I *believe* it compiles the list based on what's in C:\LDraw\PARTS\, so if you add parts to this directory, yes. He'd have to cut out the undesireables each time because of this fact. If you put unofficial parts in there (or in my case, I put (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw/MLCAD question

(...) I've added parts to PARTS.LST, and I've placed the DAT files for the new parts with the standard parts. Will my new parts still be in PARTS.LST if I download a parts update and re-compile PARTS.LST? Is the list generated from the parts on-hand (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw/MLCAD question

(...) The hard way: Open the file C:\LDraw\PARTS.LST. Find the entries you don't want, and manually remove them. You won't see them on the parts list in any LDraw-based program you use, but if you're never going to use them...it'll work. (note, each (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw/MLCAD question

<snip> (...) Umm.. nevermind on this first question. It seems I didn't properly install complete.exe (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Ldraw/MLCAD question

I've got a MLCAD/LDraw question. Ive just loaded it onto my computer, although I'm not sure I downloaded/expanded every component to just where it should be (like in the same folder, etc), although i've tried to move everything back now. When I open (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: POLICE Pattern (was Re: door 1 x 3 x 1 new patterns and errors in parts on PT)

(...) I think the O could be done with overlapping rings (and roughly 3/4 of the C), now that I think about it (I may try it before converting everything over to quads). But considering the C cannot be done without using quads, it may look odd that (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: door 1 x 3 x 1 new patterns and errors in parts on PT

Steve, I sent you an email regarding my inability to access the PT (either my password has been reset or my authoring privleges have been reset). I can't make any corrections to my parts until then. But the files are ready to submit. I corrected (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ver 0.73.1 & Minifig Wizard

Hello there, I have exactly the same problem: since the installation of the new version the minifig wizard gives an 'this program has performed an illegal operation' error (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: POLICE Pattern (was Re: door 1 x 3 x 1 new patterns and errors in parts on PT)

(...) Me, too. But there aint no rings with a x-radius-difference of 1 and z-radius-difference of 1.125. Or you need to have overlapping rings. Even using ndis, segm (chord) primitives and triangles filling up is not possible, because the outer (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: COG shifter off topic

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HEu38p.11v8@lugnet.com... (...) ok thanx kelvin as i said "cog" is good for me i was just curious best regards pixel (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Part 32551 Technic Hook with Axle

I wonder if anyone has ever taken a whack at this complicated Bionicle part? I have made some measurements and played a bit with doing a 3D model using TurboCAD, but it is pretty complicated, and I am not sure how well some of the curved sections (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: door 1 x 3 x 1 new patterns and errors in parts on PT

(...) Do you mind fixing these and resubmitting them? (...) I think the SHELL logo is used on some other parts (goes off searching). Yep! See (URL) can use pt1 or pt2. I think p18 is OK for for the POLICE. (...) nod, ok, that sounds good. You want (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

(...) Sorry, I wasn't clear: I know they use texture-mapping, but I don't know if they're more like raytracers, or more like z-bufferers. I guess it probably isn't comparable/answerable, since they all rely on graphics hardware (or software (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

(...) Yes, there's been several different pearlescents. Mostly in Bionicle products. Some of the colors include tan, gray, dark gray, and sand blue. The pearlescence appears (to my eye) to be mixed in throughout the material, not just a surface (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Parts - Aquanauts Door and Door Frame

(...) wrote: (...) Aquanaut Door (...) (URL) and here (...) (URL) (...) parts last week when I added pictures (...) reference, the (...) x 8 x 12 (...) capital letters in address for direct reply. You are right. Today they have names as you said. (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad)

  Re: POLICE Pattern (was Re: door 1 x 3 x 1 new patterns and errors in parts on PT)

(...) Personaly I'd suggest using ring primitives on the letters O and C to save space. (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

For those interested in how I made the building instructions for uCOG V, I've uploaded (URL)Plus building instructions: (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: COG shifter off topic

(...) Besides, Mario and Giulio Ferrari use the term in their book, so it is good enough for me :^) Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I see your points and agree with 2 and 3, but only partially with 1. Anyways, there's about equal response for or against limitations. Not totally sure on what to do - I'll let it simmer for a bit. (I should note that if there was no (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: POLICE Pattern (was Re: door 1 x 3 x 1 new patterns and errors in parts on PT)  [DAT]

Whoops. I forgot to remove MLCAD's ROTATION meta commands, and to edit the name. Here's the real subpart, with correct heading. 0 ~POLICE Pattern 0 Name: s\3069bs18.dat 0 Author: John Riley <Rohnjiley@yahoo.com> 0 Unofficial Element 0 BFC CERTIFY (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  POLICE Pattern (was Re: door 1 x 3 x 1 new patterns and errors in parts on PT)  [DAT]

Hi all: This message contains the subpart 3069bs18: POLICE pattern for 80's town sets. Notes: Corners of the pattern are X ±17 Y 0 Z ±5 giving the pattern overall dimensions of X 34 Y 0 Z 10 I cleared up the overlapping quads in the P, and verified (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: COG shifter off topic

(...) I used it because it is commonly used here, and because it is short. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  COG shifter off topic

hi ppl are we using COG TLA cause we like TLAs or because we differ COG and centroid? btw i like TLAs so COG is cool pixel (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) It would be an honor. (...) Sounds like a blast! All my walkers will fit in the same space as Jama..... :^) I can see it now, a LEGO remake of Saturday Night Live's "Bambi meets Godzilla" LOL! Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

Oh my, that's brilliant! dang! BF03 is gonna rock! Let's set up all our stuff together! Mechanical Mayhem begins! Aug 03. e (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

(...) I see what you mean. We've actually started doing this for certain materials such as gold, silver, chrome, and rubber. Ldview and ldglite already tinker with the specular properties for some of these materials based on the predefined color (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

(...) Have you looked at ldview? It uses texture mapping to display the LEGO logos on the studs. (...) I was under the impression that they ALL use texture mapping nowadays to get more detail with less polygons. (...) Sure. Just do a google search (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: door 1 x 3 x 1 new patterns and errors in parts on PT

(...) That's not a problem. I may have to do a little bit of scaling so that the corners have integer coordinates, and that the pattern's centered. But shouldn't take much time or effort. And I'll check on the overlapping quads. John (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: door 1 x 3 x 1 new patterns and errors in parts on PT

(...) Thanx for the quick response. If you create a subpart with the police pattern, could you please put only the area where the text police fits in into that subpart and not the surrounding border to fill up a brick. (just like the fire logo and (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: door 1 x 3 x 1 new patterns and errors in parts on PT

(...) As soon as I get my PT access restored, I'll make this correction. Thanks for picking up on this. (...) I picked p18 for police because it was unused across a large variety of parts. There's a variation on the POLICE pattern for the 1 x 4 x 3 (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Parts - Aquanauts Door and Door Frame

(...) for them. There must be a glitch in Peeron somewhere. For reference, the Peeron names for these parts are 2596 Door 1 x 9 x 11 2662 Door Frame 2 x 8 x 12 -- TWS Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  door 1 x 3 x 1 new patterns and errors in parts on PT

Browsing the PT for the new subpart for the door 1 x 3 x 1 without stud I also took a look at the complete door parts on the PT and noticed the following errors in two parts: 3822p03 Door 1 x 3 x 1 Left with Yellow / Red Stripe Pattern Misspelled (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Parts - Aquanauts Door and Door Frame

Dear All, I am about to finish new parts: 2662 - Aquanaut Door Frame 2596 - Large Aquanaut Door You can see pictures here (URL) opinion Bricklink has better names for them. Please see here (URL) - Door Frame with Hinges 2596 - Door 1 x 9 x 11 with (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

Hi Philo, Great minds think alike. I did the same last night. I've got one build with studs up, and a second with studs down. I'm going to update the building instructions, and post the DAT files as well. I figure it is a good example of the new (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Partnames and patternumbers requested

(...) Will do. Steve (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Another question about metal parts

(...) That sounds alright to me. Steve (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

...I forgot to tell you that I built mine using one top (2984) and one base (2985) micromotor caps instead of two tops, and it works well (useful since micromotor is/was supplied with one part of each type...) Philo (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bendible parts Web Page

Yeah! I can't say right now that I would use it, but I have wanted the ability every now and then. And I am always for any software that will run on Macintosh, even if it is through a webpage (which is what you describe sounds like). James (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Bendible parts Web Page

I was think of creating a webpage with a script based on my LDDP plugin to create the code for flexible objects. This would allow those who, for whatever reason, cannot use LDDP to create bendible objects. Is there any interest in this? -Orion (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

Thanks Philo, I fixed the instructions. I'll have to try adding a head! Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LDView parts smoothing bug?

(...) Yep, it's a bug. Thanks for the report. I'm going to have to think for a while on how to fix it. If you make sure that 30191.dat shows up in your model before 30190.dat, the problem will go away. It's caused because LDView doesn't smooth (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

Very nice walker, Kevin ! It seems to work better with a little more weight on top, I added a small head (with blue eyes ;o) and it balances better. Building instructions are missing the 1/2 lengh pin and tube creating the cam with 16 tooth gear... (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

I'm pleased to announce my latest tiny weght shifting walker uCOG V. Here are a few pictures: (URL) building instructions: (URL) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Partnames and patternumbers requested

(...) Please use 3004pt2.dat (...) Seems to already be on the PT as 3039p0u (...) Seems to already be on the PT as 3039p09 See the pattern reference at (URL) see the patterns already released or on the PT. (...) Sorry, can't help with this, as I (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Partnames and patternumbers requested

Now the PT is back online, I started to upload the parts I have finished. Many parts I cannot upload, because I have no proper partname for them. Patterned parts without a pattern number: * 3004p.. Brick 1 x 2 with Small Shell Logo I Pattern * (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Another question about metal parts

(...) Thanx for this answer, now I know where to create the metal pieces. Now I've got another question about metal parts (yes, questions, questions, questions, .... ;-) ) How accurate need metal pieces to be created. This wheek I created the blue (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Non-BFC primitives (was: Primitives with different BFC winding)

(...) I just browsed the primitives in my P folder, (including only the official primitives). I recall the discussion about renaming box3#8p to box3u8p because of the #-issue. And now the PT is back online I can see box3u8p waiting for more votes. (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Insert LDraw parts into your LUGNET pages

Members: You can now insert LDraw parts into your FTX pages simply and easily. Details and examples appear in the updated FTX User Guide: (URL) here is a rainbow color chart example: (URL) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish) !

  Re: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com

(...) Yes, basically. The LDraw color codes are generally assigned by finding an existing, dithered, color that somewhat resembles the desired color. For Partsref, I really wanted to get as close the actual LEGO colors as possible. The scripts that (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  LDView parts smoothing bug?  [DAT]

Have a look at the attched file in LDView. Part 32190 smoothes correctly, part 30191 does not. Part 30190 is only a mirror image reference to part 30191 and both are in the PARTS directory. Is this a problem? -Orion 0 Panel Test 0 Name: (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Updated part: 193.dat Minifig Helmet - Type 1

(...) Correct, 193b has "Unofficial Part" and 193 has "Unofficial Update", the later not being recognized as a part comment. Good to know they are all smoothed when in "parts" directory. Thanks Travis, Damien (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) I'd much rather have one reasonably decent method, then several different methods. Steve (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: What is exactly "optional line"?

(...) I see Orion's already given you the spec, so I'll just throw in a slightly different way of looking at it... It might help to think of linetype 2 as "hard edges" and linetype 5 as "soft edges". The difference is that linetype 2 are always (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) You must not go to the same places I do for vacation. Public terminals? Not where I've been. OTOH, if we're going to play the vacation game, some people go for longer than 2 weeks. Heck, some people are basically offline all summer. I'd say a (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I feel voting for LSC members should be open to the general group. I've got 2 reasons for this: 1. I trust people enough that they'll deal with their own capabilities for discernment in this area. 2. I don't want to have to sort out who gets (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New Parts Category? Sport?

(...) Hmm. Regular 'things', like soccer balls, I could see grouping under Minifig Accessory. It's the special-purpose addon pieces, the bases and handles and minifig holders that really need another grouping. I'm drawing a blank on a name for such (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New parts and question about metal parts

(...) True. If you want to submit these partfiles, great. :) Steve (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Non-BFC primitives (was: Primitives with different BFC winding)

(...) (don't use box3#8p - use box3u8p) (...) The only thing your part files have to deal with is whether the primitive files are being used in their default orientation, or do they need to be inverted (turned inside-out). (...) Yes, those all look (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

(...) I appreciate that. But the only software I've seen use texture mapping has been based on raytracing. Well, actually I don't know how most gaming engines work. BUT, I still want to know -- is there a texture-mapping algorithm that mere mortals (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

(...) For POV-Ray, this could already be accomplished with the 0 IFL3P commands. But people would have to do some fast talking to convince me to include the needed scanned image files in the parts library. Steve (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...  [DAT]

(...) Yes, I think it would be good to not encode the materials in the rendering programs. There are always going to be new materials, just like LEGO keeps coming up with new colors. (...) That would work for some things, like bumpy surfaces on (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com

Hi Steve, Are all of the color numbers on this page correct? I saw the image for Sand Green ((URL) ) and realized that I have been using a custom color in one of my current cad projects. I changed the needed parts from my color to 378, and got very (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Brick XML project (Re: Lego XML)

(...) Sorry, I've been unable to respond for a while due to an email switch and have been tied up with work and school. There's been a lot of great comments and ideas in this thread, thanks everyone. I'm leaving town for a few days, so I'll have (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Renaming Gaming group

(...) Sure (...) It's easier to move 2 or 3 groups at once than separately. . . . what remapping would you suggest? --Todd (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Renaming Gaming group

(...) Very cool! Any chance you'd consider moving lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw to lugnet.cad.org.ldraw? I realize it's only 4 characters, but making this change would: a. Align the ldraw group with other <topic>.org groups. b. Get the LDraw.org group (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com

(...) Always gotta keep ya guessing. :) (...) Yes. (...) Umm, probably? The current issue is the sheer size of all the image files. Partsref isn't too bright -- it can't generate images on the fly (although there have been discussions in that (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Updated part: 193.dat Minifig Helmet - Type 1

(...) That's because LDView only smooths files that it thinks are parts. You can convince LDView that it is a part either by puting it in the parts directory, or including a directive such as "0 Unofficial Part" as a line in the file. Presumably, (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Updated part: 193.dat Minifig Helmet - Type 1

(...) Hi Willy, I have loaded both 193 and 193b in LDView. Both have conditionnal lines. There is a difference however: 193b is smoothed by LDView yet 193 is not smoothed. Quite strange. Great work anyway, Damien (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

(...) Just as a note, if you don't have root access, you should be still able to compile and use the Mesa libraries purely from your account. This might take a little know-how, and you'll have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include whatever directory you (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

(...) Just so I don't lose it, here's a link to someone who apparently has had some success with this technique building OSMesa without X on an ipaq. The --without-x looks like a handy build option. (URL) I've put it on my todo list to put together (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com

(...) Whoa! Caught me off guard with an actual reply. So then this one (URL) probably have been done up with black edges like most of the other non-transparent parts? For example: (URL) chance this issue will be fixed up someday? It hurts my eyes. (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

(...) I'm pretty sure I've run it without the X libraries around, but I don't think I ever linked it without them. So you might be able to build it on another BSD box with X and MESA and then run it on a headless box with just the OSMesa lib (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 12 volt train track parts

(...) I have already started on the straight power track (see other message on lugnet for the plastic part of this piece). The metal parts will follow soon. The curved power track will take some more time :-P duh The 12 Volt cross seems not to hard (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

(...) well, the problem is that we don't have the MESA libraries installed, and it's going to be a problem setting them up on the server. We are working to have the pictures generated in semi-real time off the server though. Unless you can somehow (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

(...) Do you need help getting the image generation running? It should work on BSD. Don (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: The dead Parts Tracker (was: Problem with account)

Steve Bliss <steve.bliss@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HELE4v.3n6@lugnet.com... (...) Great! Thanks! You done it, after weeks. The tracker is online again. Thanks again Bernd (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com

(...) Well, it's like this -- some of the images are generated with black edges, and some of them are generated with colored edges. In most cases, I made deliberate choices about the color combinations. For example, the trans-colors mostly have (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Non proportional BOM in LPub

(...) If you are using a very small minimum camera distance, then the small parts will be rendered large, and if rendered at the same scale, the large parts would not fit in the rendering window. The large parts would then be scaled using L3P's best (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 12 volt train track parts

(...) Owwwwwww! Also I would really like to see the blue 12V parts being made. Not only those, but then also all other 12V parts, like the rail contacts (box706) and so on. I made the diesel loc 723: (URL) had to cheat alot, since there are no (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: The dead Parts Tracker (was: Problem with account)

It's not dead yet! It's feeling better... (...) As of about half an hour ago. :) Well, mostly. (...) Mostly technical difficulties, and some availability issues. Steve (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

Thanks, Steve!! -Tim (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Parts Tracker Status

The Parts Tracker is back online and open for business! The URL is the same as always, (URL). There are two outstanding issues that we'll hopefully be able to resolve soon: 1. Because of differences in the nature of the server, submissions and (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  Re: Who maintains the lugnet.cad section?

(...) -Orion (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Who maintains the lugnet.cad section?

I know that Jake M. maintains the lugnet.inst section but I am wondering you maintains the lugnet.cad section? I'll like to talk to that person(s) about some suggestions for our lugnet.cad section. Thanks, AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) Yup! Soon! Not _exactly_ the way we brainstormed about it, but effectively the same result, I think. I don't think we'll go back automatically and retroactively convert news-posting accounts, for example. I think there'll be a transition (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general)

  The dead Parts Tracker (was: Problem with account)

Do you guys have an estimate on when this will be working again? Is this an issue of technical difficulties, or are we waiting for someone to get back from vacation? And yes, I know this is all volunteer work. I greatly appreciate having this great (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  New part: Train Track Tappered Power Rail Straight  [DAT]

Any suggestions on a better title, just let me know. This part uses the box3u2p primitive (don't think that primitive is certified yet). The metal parts are missing, I haven't started on that, yet. 0 Train Track Tappered Power Rail Straight 0 Name: (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Non proportional BOM in LPub

(...) Increase the min camera distance for part images to change their scale to better match the construction image. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I would be one of those who would be prevented from voting (at least this year), and I don't have a strong objection to not being able to vote. The restriction is designed to make the LSC a technical group voted on by technically involved (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I personally feel the restriction is a good idea. However, playing devil's advocate, I feel obliged to point out that since it would increase my voting power (since I am eligible as a software author), it's in my best interests to be in favor (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: motm/sotm

(...) I agree somewhat, but I think it's better than having no contest in the mean time. -Tim (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  New SubPart - s/6309s01.dat : Duplo Tile 2 x 2 without Top Surface  [DAT]

Without the parts tracker we are starting to get duplication of effort. For Thomas Garrison primarily, here is the subpart for the 2x2 Duplo Tile part, which I have been waiting to submit for some weeks. Chris 0 Duplo Tile 2 x 2 without Top Surface (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Non proportional BOM in LPub

When I generate Layouts this comes out: (URL) scale and proportions are out of bound here. I would expect the BOM to be smaller that the actual building step? Jaco "Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact