 CAD / 10006
Re: Ldraw/MLCAD question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 14:43:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Leonard Hoffman writes:
<snip>
What should I do?  I'm sorry to seem like such a computer-boob, but I really am
not sure and it is pretty annoying.

Umm.. nevermind on this first question.  It seems I didn't properly install
complete.exe

Also, is there a way to remove parts I don't want. ie, all the 1x2 bricks with
letters and numbers on them I could easily do without.  even put them into
another folder or something?

The hard way:
Open the file C:\LDraw\PARTS.LST. Find the entries you don't want, and
manually remove them. You won't see them on the parts list in any
LDraw-based program you use, but if you're never going to use them...it'll
work. (note, each time you download a parts update and re-compile PARTS.LST,
you'll have to do this all over again)

The easy way:
You can stick them in another MLCad group. See this post for help:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/mlcad/?n=943

This method doesn't mess up PARTS.LST in the process.

Hope this helps!

-Tim