 CAD / 10013
Re: Ldraw/MLCAD question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 19:49:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Leonard Hoffman writes:
In lugnet.cad, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp writes:
filter all patterned bricks.

Have you looked at the "group configuration options"? I think it's on the Tools
menu (or maybe Extras). I use this feature to separate out "unmodified" bricks
and plates into "Bricks" and "Plates" categories, and the modified ones go into
"Bricks, modified" and "Plates, modified" categories. I also have categories
for round bricks and plates and tiles without printing.

okay, this sounds like what im thinking about!  but, how do you do it? I found
what you are describing, it is under Settings>Groups>Group Configuration  and
then i get two lists - on one side is says "Brick" on the other "<Brick" then
on the bottom it says "name:" and "search:"  what should i enter to weed out
the mod bricks and plates?

thanks in advance
-lenny

Suggestion:
Name:                       Search:
Brick, unpatterned          <Brick & !pattern
Brick, patterned            <Brick & pattern

This will create two categories, one for patterned bricks, one for
unpatterned bricks.  Most of the printed bricks have pattern in their name,
so most of the printed bricks will be removed this way.
Same thing for Slope Bricks, Tiles, and Panels.

NOTE:  Make sure the Name and Search boxes are blank when making a new
category, otherwise you are deleting a category.  The boxes are always blank
when you open the menu, so you can add one category, then close it, then
open it again (useful if you're not sure the category did what you wanted it
to).  You can also clear them by scrolling to the bottom of the Category
List and clicking the empty space at the bottom.  You'll know when you
clicked the empty space when the boxes clear.

John