 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4667
Re: Parts - Aquanauts Door and Door Frame
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 13:50:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Thomas Garrison writes:
On Mon, 12 May 2003, Marek Idec

wrote:

I am about to finish new parts: 2662 - Aquanaut Door Frame 2596 - Large

Aquanaut
Door

You can see pictures here

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2662
and • here

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2596

What on Earth?!?!?!  I renamed those
parts
last week when I added pictures
for them.  There must be a glitch in Peeron somewhere.  For

reference, the
Peeron names for these parts are
2596 Door 1 x 9 x 11
2662 Door Frame 2
x 8
x 12

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/

You are right. Today they have names as you
said.
Probably yesterday I got those web pages from cache or maybe I visited that
page before it
was
modified. Just coincidence.
I like your names and I will use them with small correction.
Door
frame has dimensions 2 x 10 x 12. If you have that part, please check it.
I don't know what
about
door. Dimension of 9 is not so clear. It depends on how do you measure it -
with or without
clips.
There is also kind of lap (I don't know proper English word for it)
overlapping door
frame.
Without that lap and clips dimensions are 9 x 11.

After I sent me previous mail I
realised that
origin point for door can't be the same as for door frame to easy match them in
models. There are
hinges on both side of frame and the same parts can be used as left door and
right door. So vertical
axis of origin will be an axis of clips.

Marek Idec