 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4662
Re: door 1 x 3 x 1 new patterns and errors in parts on PT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 16:46:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, John Riley writes:
In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp writes:
Since the POLICE Pattern is already created by
John Riley in 3069bp18 and 3004p18 and the doors
have the same pattern (I have all 3069b, 3004
3821 and 3822 with the POLICE pattern in real)
I think it is useful to put the POLICE pattern
into a subfile and reference to that subfile
in all of these parts.

I can go ahead and separate the pattern into a subfile and upload it when
access is restored.  I'll post the subfile to cad.dat.parts as well in the
meantime so you (and anybody else) can try it out.  And thanks for catching
my subfile mistake.

Thanx for the quick response.

If you create a subpart with the police pattern, could you please
put only the area where the text police fits in into that subpart
and not the surrounding border to fill up a brick. (just like the
fire logo and shell logo patterns on the PT).
(I notices some overlapping quads in at least the P of the Police
pattern in your 3004p18)

It seems that you and I have done a lot of similar patterns.  I'd like to
avoid duplicating efforts if possible.  Are you working on any new patterns?

I've got a couple of patterns on my to-do list, but these have
some complex round shapes, so I haven't started on these.
I don't mind if others create these patterns.
A short list:
* mail logo (on mailbox)
* headlights (on slope brick 45 2 x 4)
* P.T.T. (on brick 1 x 6)
* KIOSK (on brick 1 x 6)
* HOTEL (on brick 1 x 6)
* PHILIPS (on brick 1 x 6)
* TAXI (on tile 1 x 2)

I am currently working on some blue track pieces.

See a list on http://home.hetnet.nl/~niels-karsdorp/ldraw/index.htm

Niels