 CAD / 9975
9974  |  9976
Subject:
Another question about metal parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 09:00:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
I have created several parts that have metal pieces
(lightbricks, battery box) How do the metal pieces be
named (partnames)?

As I (currently) understand it, LEGO generally doesn't create their electric stuff,
they contract it out -- so there wouldn't be a LEGO part number for the metal bits.
So metal pieces can go into a file in parts/s/.

Thanx for this answer, now I know where to create the metal pieces.

Now I've got another question about metal parts
(yes, questions, questions, questions, .... ;-) )
How accurate need metal pieces to be created.
This wheek I created the blue track era 12 volt conductor rail.
When I measure the metal conductor pieces, they are about
0.5 LDU thick. This causes some bleeding effects in some
viewers, like L3Lab. Should I create the metal pieces twice
as thick ?

Niels